How did you hear about Legends of Grimrock?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Crashbanito

Re: How did you hear about Legends of Grimrock?

Post by Crashbanito »

I was introduced to the game through this little Kotaku article.

The only prior Dungeon Crawling experience being from games like Oblivion, which unfortunately had pretty lame and uninspired dungeons. I began doing research and playing a few classics like the original Dungeon Master and even Zork. I must say I pre-ordered this as soon as possible.

To be honest the main hook that got me interested was the possibility of having something like this on my mobile device, which I'm still anxiously looking forward to.
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
Shiva

Post by Shiva »

I had a friend email me the link to the blog back in December saying that this just might be a game for me. And it was...is. I hope :-D

Where he heard about it I don't know. I quickly posted the link on my facebook and lured a few more friends in. They have pre-ordered too.
Magnum Opus

Post by Magnum Opus »

Heard about the game quite a while ago on RPGWatch, but for some inexplicable reason never investigated it further. What caught my eye about the project was the GoG preorder special a day or so ago; they've apparently expanded a bit and now include indies (none of which I've checked out yet, other than LoG... also for some inexplicable reason).

Once I'd checked out a gameplay video, though, I knew this was a game that I'd want, largely for the nostalgia factor in recalling the EoB series, as well as others to a lesser extent, but also because I FIRMLY believe that there is value in a game unabashedly remaining a game, rather than a wannabe movie. I like Mass Effect and all the other more cinematic, more realistically portrayed games too, but there's a great deal of appeal for me in more abstract presentations as well: that's the venue where my imagination soars, and a game that allows me that can be just as rewarding if not moreso for me than a 100% realistic and visceral game.
TZO2k12

Post by TZO2k12 »

Gog...Thank GOG for GOG!...Yeah, I'm pretty corny..
Last edited by TZO2k12 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Assumptions are the practical logic of the ignorant.
maskedhobo

Post by maskedhobo »

GoG for me, but I have recently gotten back into RPGs that require more brains than normal. I am trying to expand my game base past FPS and the current level of RPGs out there.
Gotta dungeon crawl before you can dungeon walk...
Kthulhu

Post by Kthulhu »

Saw a post about it on the messageboards at http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards.
PeyloW

Post by PeyloW »

Once or twice every year I play Dungeon Master again, it's amazing how much value I have gotten from that game.

After the play through I usually spend a few hours Googling it for good memories. This time around I found a Legend of Grimrock trailer!

Best post-Dungeon Master google find ever :D.
Point08

Post by Point08 »

BluesNews here.
luthur1964

Post by luthur1964 »

I read an article on Touch Arcade about the iPad version the team is (hopefully still) planning. I moved to portable gaming out of necessity, but it seems that Grimrock will be planting my butt back in the chair. Thanks Almost Human.
earthyearth

Post by earthyearth »

lots more ppl gonna be hearing about it now that its being released