[CLOSED] Call to modders/mappers: "One Room" round robin!

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Kuningas

Re: [CLOSED] Call to modders/mappers: "One Room" round robin

Post by Kuningas »

Looks like my turn will happen on the one week I have filled with study in the rest of this year. : D

Not that I really mind, since my "full week" actually means a few hours every day, it's just been even lighter as of recent.
BASILEUS
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Okay, my room has been added but I would like to do a bit more testing before submitting it back to SpiderFighter - will send it back tomorrow evening after I've got there properly by playing through the mod (am wandering around in the pitch black at the moment, it may need an extra torch or two to pick up!). Mod is awesome so far by the way!

Items Added...
SpoilerShow
  • Mask of Dreams: Item specific to my room (but can be kept afterwards as a souvenir).
  • Brace of Morpheus: Secret item to be found in my room.
  • A trio of slimes, starting with Purple Slime: I won't name the rest as I want to see how people get on with the puzzle without giving the game away.
  • A new ceiling lamp with a special effect.
  • A new goromorg statue alcove - it seems I wasn't the only one with this idea!
  • A new particle effect to go with the ceiling lamp.
  • Also hoping to add a cool secret treasure tomorrow.
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

JohnWordsworth wrote:Okay, my room has been added but I would like to do a bit more testing before submitting it back to SpiderFighter - will send it back tomorrow evening after I've got there properly by playing through the mod (am wandering around in the pitch black at the moment, it may need an extra torch or two to pick up!). Mod is awesome so far by the way!

Items Added...
SpoilerShow
  • Mask of Dreams: Item specific to my room (but can be kept afterwards as a souvenir).
  • Brace of Morpheus: Secret item to be found in my room.
  • A trio of slimes, starting with Purple Slime: I won't name the rest as I want to see how people get on with the puzzle without giving the game away.
  • A new ceiling lamp with a special effect.
  • A new goromorg statue alcove - it seems I wasn't the only one with this idea!
  • A new particle effect to go with the ceiling lamp.
  • Also hoping to add a cool secret treasure tomorrow.
;)
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
Komag

Post by Komag »

Sounds great, this thing is really shaping up!
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Room has been added :). It's all looking really good now, and there are some really interesting mechanics appearing!
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

JohnWordsworth wrote:Room has been added :). It's all looking really good now, and there are some really interesting mechanics appearing!
Received. As we're getting close to the end, I'm going to do a complete run-through this morning before handing it off to Lmaoboat.

[EDIT:]
I've had a bit of a family crisis this morning, and it looks like I'm not going to have much time today to finish my run through of the mod (I got about a third of the way through). I don't want to hold it up until tomorrow, and John and I both feel that it's pretty stable right now, and it has been exported and run.

So, I'm passing this off to Lmaoboat, and it looks like we're all going to be able to test it very soon. :)

Contributers:
Neikun (Entrance Room) - done!
Grimwold - done!
Skuggasveinn - done!
Ciccipicci - done!
Billick - done!
Wilfrey - done!
Xanathar - done!
uggardian - done!
Komag - done!
Merethif - done!
BeNNyBiLL - done!
HaunterV - done!
Wolfrug - done!
Lupe Fenrir - done!
JohnWordsworth - done!
Lmaoboat - Working on room
Kuningas
pinnguaq
SpiderFighter
Super Secret Surprise Guest Modder (Final Room)
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

Contributers:
Neikun (Entrance Room) - done!
Grimwold - done!
Skuggasveinn - done!
Ciccipicci - done!
Billick - done!
Wilfrey - done!
Xanathar - done!
uggardian - done!
Komag - done!
Merethif - done!
BeNNyBiLL - done!
HaunterV - done!
Wolfrug - done!
Lupe Fenrir - done!
JohnWordsworth - done!
Lmaoboat - done!
Kuningas - Working on room
pinnguaq
SpiderFighter
Super Secret Surprise Guest Modder (Final Room)

I'd like to ask you guys again, if anyone has the free time, to please consider doing a map or two for the Community Frankendungeon. This is something special that HaunterV and Edsploration have been working on, and the more mappers involved, the better it will be and the more attention LoG will get. :)

I also want to thank each and every one of you for putting your time, effort, and creativity into this project. Without any single one of you, this mod would not be as special as it is.
Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn »

It looks like xmas will arrive early :D
I can't wait to play this, I was 3rd in line, so I have 17 rooms of unseen splendor left ;)

Skuggasveinn.
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
Grimwold

Post by Grimwold »

Oooh we're getting close to the super-secret guest modder, and hence the final countdown. Being only the second contributor I'm really curious to see what other modders have done.

I have contemplated the Frankendungeon, but my problem is one of ideas... I'm actually struggling to finish my own mod which I am desperate to get to a point of completion so I can lay it to rest. That said, I DO have another standalone room idea that I probably won't include in my mod and could use for another One Room dungeon...
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

Grimwold wrote:Oooh we're getting close to the super-secret guest modder, and hence the final countdown. Being only the second contributor I'm really curious to see what other modders have done.

I have contemplated the Frankendungeon, but my problem is one of ideas... I'm actually struggling to finish my own mod which I am desperate to get to a point of completion so I can lay it to rest. That said, I DO have another standalone room idea that I probably won't include in my mod and could use for another One Room dungeon...
I envy both of you, as I will never see it complete for the first time. You're both in for a real treat!

There will definitely be a second round, so I'd love to see everyone back, as well as some new faces! Round Two will be a map of pre-defined, interconnected rooms, and you pick the one you want to design in. This also allows the player to choose their own path. JW has a background story of sorts, and we were actually thinking about using Daniv's two Elven wallsets with an even number of rooms on each floor. This would allow designers to integrate their ideas into either a "light" or "dark" map.

I'll go through this thread as we get closer and pull out the bullet points, but I believe 5x5 rooms were suggested. Also suggested was no custom assets, but I'd be happy with a list of assets we want right from the start so that everyone has the same toolkit. Everything, of course, is up for discussion, so...discuss! :D