EDITOR Feature Requests (not bugs!)

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
StaticZ

Re: EDITOR Feature Requests (not bugs!)

Post by StaticZ »

Komag wrote:A few of those can be done now:
3: Just make your party super strong! I have a script entity with this code in it (I deleted some parts for clarity)
I know, I already writed especialy script for debuging, and some functiions so now i just call it and send a table of equip, also are levels i make table for each character and jast call dubug.setlvl(1,23) to set level and spend all skil points or just debug.addexp(18999) dubug.setlvl() to make it fullt automated and i can quickly load any "save game"... it's all fine and works good, I was speaking about another - knowing how much expirience player can get for killing enemyes for example in one part of level, to be able to choose enemies dificulty for some traps there. Just now i need manualy calculate all gained exp while "playing".
Komag wrote:4. I definitely would not want auto clean console, no way. I very often want to see the last couple messages before the crash! It helps tremendously with debugging a problem.
Sure sometimes it can be usefule, thow I really tired to clean it each time... Then lets it be some switch to enable\disable log. I think it's not defficult to do )))
Komag wrote:12. You could hack it with timed destroy/spawn (I think)
Sure but it's very hard - i need to destroy/spawn each lock (and i have up to 40 on 1 lvl of them) then i need some counter to keep state of each lock (will it open ot close), and finaly add different "connectors" to it... so its up to 500 lines of copy past code... And this is very often happens - for example now i do the same thing to "disable" nearest pressures for 12 items, thow it can be done without any scripting just changing already existing property in "connector"...

13. also for example I can set property - PressurePlate:setTriggeredByMonster(enable) but i can't get it
Game isn't a dream, it is the reality, reality which is coming while we dream...
Batty

Post by Batty »

The following would be fine additions to the reference:

Party:
  • onThrow: a hook which is called when the player throws an item. The function gets two parameters, the party itself and the item.
    If the function returns false, the throwing action is cancelled.
  • onMouseOver: a hook which is called when the player moves the mouse pointer over an inventory item. The function gets the following parameters:
    the champion with the item in inventory, the inventory item itself and the numeric inventory slot. If the function returns false, no tooltip is displayed.
Item

Item:setUIName(name)
Sets the user interface name of the item. Lines are separated with ‘\n’ characters.

Item:isContainer()
Returns true if the item is a container.

Item:getSubtileOffset()
Returns item’s relative position to the center of tile.

Stairs

Stairs:activate()
Activates the stairs.
Last edited by Batty on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

Batty wrote:Lines are separated with ‘\n’ characters.
The Hammer of Optrirominilukus, anyone?
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
Zyx

Post by Zyx »

- onProjectileHit working for spells projectiles.
- possibility to set a color for HudPrint
Grimwold

Post by Grimwold »

- a way to cause monsters to flee for a period of time.

e.g. like the giggler in DM that ran away once it had stolen something from you.

one possibility might be:

Code: Select all

Monster:setFlee(5)
which would cause the specified monster to move away from the party for 5 seconds.

or an alternative might be a new AI state:

Monster:setAIState(flee)
causing the monster to flee the party.

or perhaps simpler to set monsters' sight on the fly.

Monster:setSight(0)
which would cause the monster not to see the party and at least wander around
StaticZ

Post by StaticZ »

It will be usefull to add ability to set difiiculty level for debugging, as I understand now it starts at "easy". As monsters speeds depend on difficulty sometimes we need to see how it will be in "hard".

and also is good to make optional god mod - where all stats are always at max and any action has no delay.
Last edited by StaticZ on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Game isn't a dream, it is the reality, reality which is coming while we dream...
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Batty wrote:The following would be fine additions to the reference:
Sets the user interface name of the item. Lines are separated with ‘\n’ characters.
How would you use it? The reason I ask, is that any defined item can have it's UI name set in the definition. Are you wanting to change the UIname of an existing item via script?
In my EOB mod, I have unidentified magical items; when they get identified their UIname changes. In my case I just have two defined items and the identification process swaps the two.
Grimwold wrote:- a way to cause monsters to flee for a period of time.
This is a feature that I would really like to have.
Batty

Post by Batty »

Isaac wrote:
Batty wrote:The following would be fine additions to the reference:
How would you use it? The reason I ask, is that any defined item can have it's UI name set in the definition. Are you wanting to change the UIname of an existing item via script?
In my EOB mod, I have unidentified magical items; when they get identified their UIname changes. In my case I just have two defined items and the identification process swaps the two.
It came from this thread. There could be other unforeseen future uses also & I figure more functions is more functions. I'm cool with swapping, that's a good method.
Edsploration

Post by Edsploration »

I'd love to be able to implement any number of custom animations for an object. And be able to call animations to trigger from a script, and possibly jump to a specific frame in an animation.

I figured out how to write my own simple animation files, but I intended to apply them to objects. The Asset Definition Reference indicates we can only define animations into specific hard-coded sets for monsters, trap doors, etc. It's probably a ton of work un-hard-code the animation system. But the potential is beautiful, I can't help but put it out there. ;)

I'll be using hundreds to thousands of custom alcove definitions to simulate animation of a one-node objects. It's the best I can do for now.
Open Project -> Community FrankenDungeon: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4276
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

Wow. I had no idea the devs even read this thread (yeah, I should have known better, considering how incredibly hands on they are with this community. Consider me properly shamed, please).

I don't know if this has been suggested or not, but I would love to see a mouse scroll-wheel zoom feature implemented. I'm getting older, and sometimes those pressure plates with 40 itty-bitty arrows radiating from them can be hard to see. :)