What door to choose in the Cache?

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Depili

Re: What door to choose in the Cache?

Post by Depili »

I think there is about 7ish gold keys in the game. The most use for the keys have been the golden locks in some secret areas scattered around, as the rewards have been the greatest (in many cases the best items of the game).
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

I really like the Wizard cache as,
SpoilerShow
I find the light spell on the Orb of Radiance really useful, it's cheap than normal and quick to cast.
Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Jaelus

Post by Jaelus »

With the exception of the serpent cache and to a lesser degree the archmage cache, contemplate saving your gold keys for the Vault. The items there are far better quality.
GugaLanik

Post by GugaLanik »

I chose the rope every time. It seems to be the most useful item from the Cache, with the orb of luminescence (or whatever it's called) coming in second.
Dematto

Post by Dematto »

Wizard
SpoilerShow
Good bonus energy. Potentially very useful for a Battlemage or Hybrid character, as it allows you to access the Light spell with only 1 rank in concentration, right? The same rank you may have taken to get Shield anyway.
tangletail

Post by tangletail »

I'd always get the Serpents first. Now that Falling is actually incredibly dangerous in this game. Not only do you take damage. but you can actually break your parties legs, and get stuck till you drop a lot of crap.
The second would be the warriors for the fire sword if I had a rogue in the party.
The third would probably be the wizards. It has a piece of the arche mages set I think.

The rope... has been oh so useful for me. Especially when a good amount of secrets and hidden goodies have to be found by falling.
The fire sword is good as well. It deals fire damage on strikes I think. And it has a limited charge (boo) for casting fireball.
Everything else just feels worthless to me. I got two concentration for the bubble shield, and light spells. So the orb isn't useful to me. It'd just take up weight, or room in the hub... with my stock pile of crap.
Depili

Post by Depili »

Then again everything else than the mage pants are items that you can find elsewhere/can find way better for the same purpose.
Gimpster

Post by Gimpster »

Sorry where is the water temple ?
Daegranos

Post by Daegranos »

Don't take the serpent one. The gold keys are limited and you'll find another rope in the crystal mines.
Depili

Post by Depili »

So far with 74/77 secrets found my total is 10 gold keys found so far, so they are really limited resource.