Overhyping

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Dimmey

Re: Overhyping

Post by Dimmey »

rodrell wrote:A game with a title like " Legend of..." cannot go wrong. :D
did you point to Legend of Faerghail :roll:
:)
jfunk

Post by jfunk »

It will be almost impossible for this game to disappoint me, short of being completely broken somehow.

It's been so long since a game of this style has been released. It's only $12. If I get to explore a dungeon, kill stuff, collect loot, and level up characters in the process, I'll be satisfied. I'm sure I'll have a wishlist a million items long when I'm done, but I really can't fathom thinking "I wish I could have that $12 back" after this.

I've been playing Lands of Lore and Crusaders of the Dark Savant over again for the past two weeks and...yes, I've confirmed I still enjoy the style of play, it's not just nostalgia. Those games were good simply because they were good, not because "they didn't have the technology to do better".

I've got my brand new pad of graph paper and box of colored pencils. I've taken vacation on Thursday and Friday. I'm ready.
Falinae

Post by Falinae »

jfunk wrote:I've got my brand new pad of graph paper and box of colored pencils. I've taken vacation on Thursday and Friday. I'm ready.

lol omg that sounds just like me :P
Graph paper: check
Mechanical pencil with a extra container of leads: check
Colored pencils: check
Brand new 5 subject collage ruled notebook: check
Set of old dice sitting on top of my monitor for good luck: check (d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, d20)
petri

Post by petri »

Now I almost wish somebody else had made Grimrock and I could join you and prepare for some intense dungeon crawling :D
nianu

Post by nianu »

petri wrote:Now I almost wish somebody else had made Grimrock and I could join you and prepare for some intense dungeon crawling :D
Just bump your head to the point of amnesia :mrgreen: jk please don't!
ᶘ╯ᵒᴥᵒᶅ╯︵ ┻━┻
Mortimer

Post by Mortimer »

petri wrote:Now I almost wish somebody else had made Grimrock and I could join you and prepare for some intense dungeon crawling :D
you can still join us :) Besides tomorrow should be a big day for you all too, lots of people saying how nice the game is, with all the new features and what not they had not expected and all the posts of people asking game related questions...it should be nice :)
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Well bare in mind once people make there own dungeons with the editor you are kindly providing, you will be able to! :P

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...