Cust0m Character P0rtraits

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Wu Tse

Re: Cust0m Character P0rtraits

Post by Wu Tse »

Darklord wrote:
rodrell wrote: To be honest ,as a huge Dragonlance fan
Me to! I want KENDER!!! :lol:
GNOMESWOULDBENICETO! ;)
and it's only a little step form lizardmen to Draconians :-)

i see an active grimrock mod scene coming ...

... yay!

:P Wu Tse
Lex

Post by Lex »

petri wrote:The game does not support importing custom portraits yet but it is pretty high on our post launch todo list. So portrait support will most likely be added sometime after the release. Portraits are 128x128 pixels and playable character races are humans, minotaurs, lizardmen and insectoids.
Can you tell me / us something more about it? I mean: have you used some special graphics format for these portraits? Where are they located? In some one data file or separated? I do not need "a special dedicated tool" but it would be easier to I know what / where to search then I could try to replace portraits myself in, for example, some hex editor or other similar tool.

I would really like to start playing LoG with use of my Eye of the Beholder original team portraits. :D

Image Image Image Image
custom Legend of Grimrock printable DVD box insert and disc label: link
Kurgen

Post by Kurgen »

Still, I'd like to know the reason for the strange style of writing, if only to satisfy my own CURIOSITY.
Reason Schmeason... it's just annoying as all Hell when someone types in an unusual fashion just to be different. If it's unobtrusive, no problem, but when most people's reaction is "WTF?", then there's cause for war!!!

;)
Valares

Post by Valares »

Lex wrote:
petri wrote:The game does not support importing custom portraits yet but it is pretty high on our post launch todo list. So portrait support will most likely be added sometime after the release. Portraits are 128x128 pixels and playable character races are humans, minotaurs, lizardmen and insectoids.
Can you tell me / us something more about it? I mean: have you used some special graphics format for these portraits? Where are they located? In some one data file or separated? I do not need "a special dedicated tool" but it would be easier to I know what / where to search then I could try to replace portraits myself in, for example, some hex editor or other similar tool.

I would really like to start playing LoG with use of my Eye of the Beholder original team portraits. :D

Image Image Image Image
Yes! It would be nice! ;)
petri

Post by petri »

Lex wrote:have you used some special graphics format for these portraits? Where are they located? In some one data file or separated?
Well, the idea is that you can import your own image files into the character generator but this feature hasn't been implemented yet (hope to get started on it soon). It's pretty hard to hack these in before that.