Legend of Grimrock 2 suggestions

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Soorg

Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 suggestions

Post by Soorg »

Buttons, levers, platforms, mechanisms, pits and traps, in outdoor? That sort of stuff means human structures.

Pits and traps are a major mechanism to make a level more tricky. Ok Land of Lore had few outdoor and few half good secrets in outdoor, but I don't remember any puzzles, there's reasons for that. It's certainly doable but design many puzzles merged well with a outdoor approach, it's quite a challenge. Perhaps you have some game to quote?

Migh&Magic series is in no way a puzzles dungeon crawler game. Well I'm not sure what M&M you refer exactly but I don't remember much puzzles stuff in outdoor.
Raggie

Post by Raggie »

Would the sequel have to have puzzles outdoors? Would the sequel have to have the same gameplay as the first one? I'd prefer if the sequel would try to do new things, not just "same shit, different dungeon".
Soorg

Post by Soorg »

Ha ok but then in no way they should name it Legend of Grimrock 2 isn't it? It's about Legend of Grimrock 2 in this thread, not next game of the team.
DrMadolite

Post by DrMadolite »

Legend of Grimrock is fairly generic, but so is a Ritz cracker. Don't mind if I do, don't mind if I do. 8-)
The torch is your friend.
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

One major milestone would be to bring Grimrock out with both SP and MP of some kind... Break the mold..... set a precedent - can u tell I am enjoying Grimrock and wish to see more?

Check us out - we are an enthusiastic supporter. http://www.raidersmerciless.com/
Regards,

RMariano
Soorg

Post by Soorg »

Ho no not multiplayer again, I'm bored with multiplayer. Now multiplayer disappoint most players if there isn't a very large base of players playing it. I hardly see a game of this genre grab enough players to satisfy most of them. And the problem is that it's almost a constant, multiplayer design pollute single player design, also it grabs too much resources removed to single player polishing and expending.
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

I'd just love to see some DLC in the form of another Dungeon to smash through with my existing mid-level characters. It's a shame you can't really get to any of the big skills in the main game. Also, I'd love the DLC to have a bit more story substance to it. Sure, LoG has got a storyline, but it's a very light on the lore of the game world etc. Would love to have a bit more of a fleshed out game world to find out about.
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
bazoo111

Post by bazoo111 »

GrimRock 2 should be with co op campagne
sprawler

Post by sprawler »

well i think making out door game is the best direction for grimrock 2 . Changing only dungeons and tiles , givinig new monsters would make you fell like playing better gromrock 1 or diffrent . When i played old schoold RPG the best thing that i always wanted was outdoor. Most of this old games had only dungoens , some of them tried to make some outdoor. When i saw eye of the beholder 2 forest area it was so cool to be in outdoor even for those several minutes. As i rember in old days , no RPG ever made such great out doors area with beautiful graphic like ishar. Ofcurse we can say that elders scrolls had better but its a matter of taste. Elders scorlls was gignatic but you had feeling everythin was the same. In shar every thing was done form begining to end with details. I hae to agree that its a lot o work , but ist beeter then just make block/tiles and use them build some random dungrons. Out door ares make new puzzles never seen before in grimrock 1 like : gathering plants and other stuff for potions i mean special potions (not mana or life potion).

You can find secret special places like you randomly hacked you wepon in tree a tere is a hole you can jump in to secret area with monsters never seen before. Or at 3:00 A.M in game , near coast area you can seen some shadow in far away, when stay and watch for awile it wille get closer, and "bash" huge water serphent jumps on you from water , after dfeating him you gain some good stuff and possobilty to travel to underwater city.

Or your in some small town doing sub quest for villagers about murder , then in the end all villages revels to be a clan of werewolfs :D.

Or in snow mountain in certain place if you use giant eagle(aquried in one of the quests) he can transport to to some secret region of mountains were Yeti lives. You have to track him down in series of subquests.

There can be even fun quests like (quest named beauty and the beast) your being tricked by some beautyfull woman and turned into spiders. As a team of spiders you have to run and fight back from dungeons , and then find a way to get back to normal form :)
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

JohnWordsworth wrote:I'd just love to see some DLC in the form of another Dungeon to smash through with my existing mid-level characters.
Why wait? Both Nexus and Steam Workshop offer quite a good selection by now when it comes to "another dungeon".
JohnWordsworth wrote:It's a shame you can't really get to any of the big skills in the main game.
This is not entirely true. Just keep your skill point distribution focused and it's of course possible to reach 50 in a talent.
JohnWordsworth wrote:Also, I'd love the DLC to have a bit more story substance to it. Sure, LoG has got a storyline, but it's a very light on the lore of the game world etc. Would love to have a bit more of a fleshed out game world to find out about.
Ain't that the logical thing any series does? The first instance lays out the basics while a second instance builds and expands upon it. This would of course include more character classes to choose from, an expanded alchemy and magic systems with more formulas and spells beside the already known, more item/monster models, tileset .. that's all pretty much set for me. Just one or two hints what new spells could be:
Fireburst -> Fireball -> Meteor
Shock -> Lightning Bolt -> Chain Lightning

LoG 2 could consist of multiple dungeons connected in a yet-to-be-determined way, not necessarily by an outdoors area. More lore and story can be told this way by i.e. a quest system which would of course involve NPC interaction. Wasn't there a king of the realm mentioned by Toorum? That could be a story hook to base any lore on. You know: king -> castles -> dungeons ;)

Yet one of the big breaking points to me are ingame shops. Being able to buy (better) gear from a NPC merchant distracts from the actual game play and discourages players from exploring. Why go out looking for better gear when it can simply be bought? I've seen that mistake made in Dungeon Master 2 and guess what? I was more interacting with the merchants to buy gear from them(!) then playing because i could not find similar or better stuff elsewhere. No thx to that. If the devs just can't help it and feel they have to make an ingame shop they should create a vendor similar to those of the Diablo series. Get basic and maybe some magical enhanced gear there, but the real good stuff has to be found elsewhere.