Uninstalled It

General discussion that is not related to Grimrock goes here.
Darklord

Re: Uninstalled It

Post by Darklord »

Dandy wrote:I too hated the speed tests. The only flaw on what could have been one of my all time favourite games. I don't understand why they had to put them into the game in the first place, it was great without them.
Well DM the game this is based on had them, so it's one of the original game features. I'm sure we'll get fan made dungeons that use less/none though. :)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

Darklord wrote:
Dandy wrote:I too hated the speed tests. The only flaw on what could have been one of my all time favourite games. I don't understand why they had to put them into the game in the first place, it was great without them.
Well DM the game this is based on had them, so it's one of the original game features. I'm sure we'll get fan made dungeons that use less/none though. :)

Daniel.
It was a long time ago, I can't remember DM having such strict speed tests, in fact the game ran much slower, so I would think such things would be impossible, speed test being slow tests. :)
Dungeon Legend about the Master of Grimrock
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

I actually replayed DM just before LoG and it had some nasty speed puzzles in it, one of which was more extreme than LoG as you get trapped in a small area, if you can't do it, you can't even leave and come back later! :x I was close to quitting there I must admit.

I think Almost Human got it right in that the absolute hardest ones are for optional treasures at least.

Daniel.
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

LoL, it must be me getting old then. It really sucks getting old, especially when you can no longer play your favourite games. :)
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

BigCTM,

If you happen to see this and are still interested, you might want to check out Demise: Ascension

http://www.decklinsdemise.com/

It's a hardcore RPG. Very hardcore. Heavy wizardry influence, a bit of Might & magic, too. It's pretty intense.

Harumph!
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

I would personally have liked an in game option for puzzles to give you more time, this would allow many more people to enjoy LoG. We have combat difficulty so why not puzzle difficulty...

Ah well maybe a mod can do it. :)

Daniel.
Jack Dandy

Post by Jack Dandy »

I enjoyed it as it is- I liked how the puzzles tested your reflexes as well as your brain. Felt like an actual dangerous dungeon!

Think about it like this- in Indiana Jones, in that famous rolling boulder scene, do you think the boulder would wait for Indie to "make his move" before splattering him? No way.
He had to use both his wits and his adventurer reflexes to make it out alive!
Last edited by Jack Dandy on Wed May 02, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oodyboo

Post by oodyboo »

What about a puzzle time slider, where you could adjust dungeon/environment trigger timing by a percentage using a slider, from 0% to 50% (or more).

I'm sure this wouldn't be perfect for all the puzzles, but might provide some relief for those with slower computers/reflexes/etc.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

oodyboo wrote:What about a puzzle time slider, where you could adjust dungeon/environment trigger timing by a percentage using a slider, from 0% to 50% (or more).

I'm sure this wouldn't be perfect for all the puzzles, but might provide some relief for those with slower computers/reflexes/etc.
Sounds ideal, hopefully someone can find a way to mod it in. :)

Daniel.
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

oodyboo wrote:What about a puzzle time slider, where you could adjust dungeon/environment trigger timing by a percentage using a slider, from 0% to 50% (or more).

Yes, quite a few of us requested this, but you can't expect AH to waste time catering for us old gits. :D

You know it just dawned on me that when I use to play these games years back, there were no elderly gamers.