What would you like to see added?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Eschia

Re: What would you like to see added?

Post by Eschia »

The only thing I think this game is truly missing is a text area that tells you you can't go that way or that you went north. ;)
ZeroNova

Post by ZeroNova »

Things I would like to see added/changed:

-A game mode with randomized dungeons. Implementing puzzles into this mode would be harder for obvious reasons, but it could be a more combat-oriented mode where you try to survive as many floors as possible, or something like that (a "roguelike" mode so to speak).

-More spells. When I first started playing and discovered the rune system I expected more spells to be available. Perhaps healing spells or a non-elemental shield (protection vs. physical damage), and things like that.

-More classes. Having a bit more freedom when you create your party would be nice, and adding a few more classes (with new skill-trees) would be the best solution in my opinion. New races would also be nice though. Maybe this could be added as DLC?

-More varied enemies. While I think the combat is fun, it can feel a bit repetitive sometimes because the same tactic works against pretty much every enemy-type in the game. The only times you have to use other tactics is when you encounter multiple enemies at once.

-Changed combat controls. I think the game's controls are fine, with one excepction, which is during combat. Even if you get used to all the right-clicking pretty fast, it still feels a bit awkward even after 30 hours. Also another way to use potions (hotkeys maybe?) would be nice. I used only a handful of potions throughout the game (4 or 5 maybe) so perhaps I missed something, but the way I used them was to open the inventory and right-click the potion, which is a bit awkward during combat.
Draken

Post by Draken »

naim wrote: - Usage of the drain: Hidden items in there, a secret lever, etc.
I actually looked down to drains all the way to level 3 for keys, rocks, gems and other stuff... realizing they are just there ornamentally, i stopped looking... I would like for this to be implemented too, for further maddening us treasure/secret hunters
Radioman970

Post by Radioman970 »

I noticed when I'm standing to the right of a door with a chain lever, I can't pull the chain when turned to the left. The chain is right there, I should be able to.

I can sleep even when there are creatures nearby. That should be a no no. Could you sleep with one of those big spiders starring at you from the next room?
I'd take one of the four wooden clubs I was carrying and just bash open doors with it.
- if life were like Dungeon Master

I'd click FIREBALL much more on New Year's Eve
- if life were like Eye of the Beholder
lowzei

Post by lowzei »

One wish per day? Katanas, best swords in the world, especially if you can enhance them with magic.
Spathi

Post by Spathi »

descriptions for spells.

Something that they can not really practically do, but... make it slower to move near monsters and weaken monsters to compensate. Too hard box job though, probably.
Sheep

Post by Sheep »

More Dungeons as great as the first one
TheBigMick

Post by TheBigMick »

Being able to leave the dungeon at the games end and explore that huge map that came with the game.
Can you imagine the things you could find and do in that huge world and we are stuck in just 1 small piece of it for now.
...And that's all I have to say about that.
tacomalo

Post by tacomalo »

I would like more types of hidden buttons, i want to have to search the wall for loose rocks...

I would like searchable corpses in the catacombs...

Pitch black areas for total immersion...
sponeta

Post by sponeta »

Volume control would be nice. I like to listen to my own music when I play, but the default game volume is way too loud, and winamp's volume is already at maximum.