Legend of GrimKeep - A Grimrock remake of the 1995 Stonekeep

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Darklord

Re: Legend of GrimKeep - A Grimrock remake of the 1995 Stone

Post by Darklord »

Stonekeep with the ability to strafe would be an improvement! It was such a big omission I didn't ever play the game.

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
rsgeiger

Post by rsgeiger »

I'm not sure if Kamum is still interested, but I sure am and I'm willing to start at least some of the level design once I get my head around the editor (never modded for a game before). I have the full official walkthrough manual and game so I think I can make it fairly accurate. I'm not a good artist though and scripted events will take lots of time to invest in, but I'll release whatever I make onto the nexus and it will be free to anyone to do with as they wish.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Gudadantza wrote:The remake of Stonekeep should be one of the hardest elections to create an accurate spirit and feeling of the original due to technical characteristics of the game: FMV, Digitized characters, animations...

Respecting to the walls, light, art design... dungeons, etc, maybe could be the most accurate due to the similarities with the art design in LoG.
It's interesting that LoG positions the player view [in the cell] in about the same place as Stonekeep. This was a big debacle back then with awful consequences for them. IIRC One developer argued for the PC to be centered in the cell and another argued for placement at the edge of the cell. They went with the edge, and discovered later that all of the FMV would need to be re-shot for lack of legs on the costumes.

Doing this in LoG seems possible, but it would be a lot of animation events and custom animating, to say the least.
** Then consider the spell; casting rod.

**What would be an absolute boon from AH, is to implement a journal that uses the same Book art as the automap; and allows for Stonekeep style notes and a spell index for discovered spells.
Kamun

Post by Kamun »

Good news everyone! The dungeon editor is released formally!

This also means that Legend of GrimKeep can begin development! I am looking for lua coders, possibly modellers, testers, etc. Add me on Steam, and let me know what you can do!

www.steamcommunity.com/id/Kamun
Kamun

Post by Kamun »

Just a friendly poke to get attention back to this.
Komag

Post by Komag »

It would probably work best for you to work something up for a little while, be active on the forums, and show what can be done so far, then maybe a couple people will be impressed/inspired and join in their efforts at that point
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
jlariviere

Post by jlariviere »

I loved Stonekeep, and would love to play test levels; I just don't have as much time at the moment; between school and trying to find work I don't have as much time as I would like.
chaoscommencer

Post by chaoscommencer »

So any news on the Stonekeep/Grimkeep frontier? I loved that game as a kid, and would love to play it with the graphics facelift Grimrock offers.
Jkiller

Post by Jkiller »

Great idea. Stonekeep is one of my favorites games of all times. If you could pull this off it would be amazing. Any news regarding this?
germanny

Post by germanny »

To point discussion to the right place, i zoomed this post to a proper thread^^
Original post: DM resource Thread posting . zoomed to this place^^
----------------
I recorded some short play vids and did many screenshots then, here are some:
SpoilerShow
Just tested my old installation - as i run now win 7 64bit - wow, it works fine!
Should work with linux, too. Will test it!
In DosBox, i have done a working setup. If anyone interested, i can describe that.
-----------------

Gamer_R posted a screen here:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4397&start=490#p66550
And a tube vid here!
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4397&start=490#p66552

He did some cool work toward stonekeep on grimrock!
So, Gamer_R, go on with it!^^

Please post here further on.
Dungeon Master Resource Pack worker and passionated Beer drinker