1.1.4 Patch Progress

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
Bargeral

Re: 1.1.4 Patch Progress

Post by Bargeral »

Silverhawk wrote:
I think theruler read "launch" (of the patch). Lunch and Launch ... almost the same ... :D

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_tvshow ... pace-nuts/
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

I think it's balmy how the time allowed for twitch tests is not directly connected to the level of difficulty selected. For instance, those choosing easy mode should have a lot more time than those playing on hard.

This would solve problems with the game that a lot of people are having. Atm, you are segregating the older gamer, or slower player from the game completely. Why?
Dungeon Legend about the Master of Grimrock
jabbrwokk

Post by jabbrwokk »

Nwardezir wrote:
skurg wrote:Hard difficulty should gives a bit more exp per kill, than normal mode, because there is no sense to play hard.
Hahaha, that's clearly the sign of the "new" gaming generation. :twisted:
For every effort, I want a reward, and most of the time, I want it fast, and I want it proportional to the effort :)

Keep in mind, looooong time ago, in some games, the reward for succeeding in doing something was just the actual fact you succeeded.
It's was enough, to be honest, in my memories, most of the time it's more satisfying than any item-ified/exp-ified/trophy-fied/whatever reward.
But I guess I'm an old grumpy granny. :ugeek:
Agreed! ;)

Except for those games that never ever actually ended they just got harder and harder until you DIED.
rollebollen

Post by rollebollen »

Uhm is there no plan to limit the FPS in the upcoming patch so all our graphics cards dont need to burn? Its such an easy fix...
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

rollebollen wrote:Uhm is there no plan to limit the FPS in the upcoming patch so all our graphics cards dont need to burn? Its such an easy fix...
vsync is enabled by default
rollebollen

Post by rollebollen »

Dandy wrote:
rollebollen wrote:Uhm is there no plan to limit the FPS in the upcoming patch so all our graphics cards dont need to burn? Its such an easy fix...
Well that is an OK solution, but vsync can introduce a lot of tearing on some monitors. Limiting fps in the game loop is usually a better option.
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

rollebollen wrote:
Dandy wrote:
Well that is an OK solution, but vsync can introduce a lot of tearing on some monitors. Limiting fps in the game loop is usually a better option.
I believe that vsync throttles your fps to that of your monitor, LCD/LED 60fps. it's vsync that prevents tearing, which is a result of your fps running faster than your monitors refresh rate can handle.
Chaostos

Post by Chaostos »

cant wait for this nice patch to come, I hope I can adjust Menu music volume, cause every time I speak with friends on Skype, load the game & then load the save game, cant hear anything they say.

but still if its just overall music volume, Im sure to make it less before I quit to menus or load LoG.
quicksave will be nice for sure, my friend keeps forgetting to save at all :D maybe this option will help him.

oh man cant wait, this thread is teasing me. PS. playing for 14 hours and
SpoilerShow
just got to 7 or 8
dungeon level.
in first 3 levels Hard felt like Normal, so I was about to ask for devs to make a new difficulty or the game more difficult.

...now I wish there was a Death Counter in statistics instead, I assure you It sky rocketed since lvl 3, and on lvl 6+ now it reached Neptune orbit already. So yeh, Hard is ..well, Hard & fun !
Halk

Post by Halk »

Dandy wrote:I believe that vsync throttles your fps to that of your monitor, LCD/LED 60fps. it's vsync that prevents tearing, which is a result of your fps running faster than your monitors refresh rate can handle.
That is exactly right. Vsync should be enough for the vast majority of people to limit frame rates. There's third party solutions for other people (although I don't know what they are only that they exist and work).
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

Halk wrote:
Dandy wrote:I believe that vsync throttles your fps to that of your monitor, LCD/LED 60fps. it's vsync that prevents tearing, which is a result of your fps running faster than your monitors refresh rate can handle.
That is exactly right. Vsync should be enough for the vast majority of people to limit frame rates. There's third party solutions for other people (although I don't know what they are only that they exist and work).
I now see that the patch will add a lock at 120fps, so everyone's graphics cards can breathe a sigh of relief. ;)