The One Room Round Robin 2 [Help] [Secrets Guide released]

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Diarmuid

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Help] [Secrets Guide release

Post by Diarmuid »

Avantir wrote:New problem: Isaac's Foundry:
SpoilerShow
I've killed that spectral goromorg and gotten the room completed message. I've gotten the broken swirl key and put the HOG in the Autosmith. I've Gotten two big goliath dudes stuck in the steam switch things (One in each), which I suppose turns the steam on. I've gotten the coal and put it in the furnace and closed the furnace doors. The lever upstairs near the cracked crystal tells me it doesn't have enough power. No matter what levers I pull with the Autosmith "Nothing happens". So am I missing something that allows me to turn the forge on?
Simple:
SpoilerShow
You need two wardens on each side to turn the gears, and you're good to go.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Avantir wrote: So am I missing something that allows me to turn the forge on?
Yes.
SpoilerShow
It takes two in each. :)
(One for each of the four gears. Also you see the four steam valves... ~when the furnace is ignited (hot) each one activates when a golem is in the correct position).

The back story behind that is that the foundry was a rushed project (in the story), and they resorted to magical means to get it running quickly. They had a wizard there who could control the golems to provide the force to run the machinery that turns the gears... [originally there was a bit more machinery, but some of it had to be cut from the game]. The player/party is there, and needs the machinery to work; but they cannot control the golems the way that the mage was able to... and so they just have to manage what they can with getting them into their work positions. Once they are in place, they follow their routine (and turn the drive gears).
Avantir

Post by Avantir »

Ah, cool. Thanks guys. :D
Allanius2

Post by Allanius2 »

I am done with all the rooms except for Isaac's Foundry.
SpoilerShow
I have started the furnace and filled it with 2 full loads of coal, put the "head in the pig" or the H. O. G. in the iron man, killed the goromorg in the hidden room, and found the demon sword, but I am unable to start the machine. It still complains about not enough power. I have tried letting off and not letting off some steam.
Any help would be appreciated. Submit hints and nudges please.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Allanius2 wrote:I am done with all the rooms except for Isaac's Foundry.
SpoilerShow
I have started the furnace and filled it with 2 full loads of coal, put the "head in the pig" or the H. O. G. in the iron man, killed the goromorg in the hidden room, and found the demon sword, but I am unable to start the machine. It still complains about not enough power. I have tried letting off and not letting off some steam.
Any help would be appreciated. Submit hints and nudges please.
SpoilerShow
The backstory behind the room ~sadly does not come across well with the cuts made to it near the end; prior to release. :(

The short answer/hint, is that there is part of the puzzle on all three floors. If you cannot start the machine, you have not done some part of it.
BTW: Does no one get the H.O.G reference(s)? :o
Allanius2

Post by Allanius2 »

Isaac wrote: BTW: Does no one get the H.O.G reference(s)? :o
I think I just figured that out:
SpoilerShow
Heart of Gold from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? Actually, you probably meant it to refer to the "cold and yellow" statement make about the Duke.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Allanius2 wrote:
Isaac wrote: BTW: Does no one get the H.O.G reference(s)? :o
I think I just figured that out:
SpoilerShow
Heart of Gold from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? Actually, you probably meant it to refer to the "cold and yellow" statement make about the Duke.
SpoilerShow
Both. 8-)

Allanius2

Post by Allanius2 »

Ok, I solved that problem. I was a "pita" to get it done. Now I only want to know one thing:
SpoilerShow
Do the iron man's talents only work on the key and melee weapons? I haven't tried all 64 lever combos on ammo, ranged weapons or armor, but the "final" combo does work with these so I want to know if I should bother checking them out or not.
Thanks.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Allanius2 wrote:Ok, I solved that problem. I was a "pita" to get it done. Now I only want to know one thing:
SpoilerShow
Do the iron man's talents only work on the key and melee weapons? I haven't tried all 64 lever combos on ammo, ranged weapons or armor, but the "final" combo does work with these so I want to know if I should bother checking them out or not.
Thanks.
SpoilerShow
Well... it was planned that it would work with projectiles also... but that just isn't in the script. [yet?]

*However... "the final combo" is obviously not something you've found yet... but it's there. :twisted:
Allanius2

Post by Allanius2 »

Isaac wrote:
Allanius2 wrote:Ok, I solved that problem. I was a "pita" to get it done. Now I only want to know one thing:
SpoilerShow
Thanks.
SpoilerShow
Well... it was planned that it would work with projectiles also... but that just isn't in the script. [yet?]

*However... "the final combo" is obviously not something you've found yet... but it's there. :twisted:
The "final combo" isn't...
SpoilerShow
pulling all the levers down and having the forger self destruct?