[WIP] Mine Tileset

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Asteroth

Re: [WIP] Mine Tileset

Post by Asteroth »

Komag wrote:Ooo, exciting news! Lock your doors and turn off your phone so the world can't interrupt you those days!
This forum is going to be a very lonely place...
I am the God of darkness and corruption.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4250
Ciccipicci

Post by Ciccipicci »

Any new about the release of your mine tileset? I'm waiting your set to continue my dungeon :D
Phitt

Post by Phitt »

Boss fight is done, tested and balanced. Unfortunately I couldn't get the weight painted part of my model to export correctly, not even with Wallasaurus export script (though it was useful for exporting animations, thx Skugs!). But it is only a minor visual flaw during the boss fight and I'll fix it as soon as it is possible.

One final playthrough, then I'll write a readme and then I'll upload, hopefully today.
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

@Phitt: That's awesome :). I'll have another couple of hours this evening to playtest the remainder of your dungeon (if that's still helpful) and will feedback this evening?
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
Phitt

Post by Phitt »

JohnWordsworth wrote:@Phitt: That's awesome :). I'll have another couple of hours this evening to playtest the remainder of your dungeon (if that's still helpful) and will feedback this evening?
Definitely still helpful! If I release today it will be late, so enough time to adjust things.
Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn »

Best news off the day :D
Looking really forward to playing your dungeon Phitt

Skuggasveinn.
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

The dungeon is brilliant Phitt :D
Unique, great puzzles, good fights, some very interesting surprises, thoughtful secrets and of course... It is in a mine!! hehe
I recommend this Dungeon to anyone, a must try ;)
LordYig

Post by LordYig »

I did not know if I should have posted this in the dungeon thread or not...
But since it is a question regarding the assets that came with the dungeon I prefer to post here.

I have tried to replicate the dual door opening up and down (the mouthdoor) with custom models.
The models are simple boxes properly textured, aligned and oriented, this was just to understand how it works.

So I have two models, properly transformed the way the mouthdoor model have been transformed.
The upper model opens correctly but after a few seconds the editor crash.
The lower model crash the editor directly upon a call to the open function.
I have tried the models from your dungeon assets directly and the same events occurs and the editor crash.

So I'm wondering if I have done some mistake or if I'm missing anything here ?
How did you manage to make this working in your dungeon ?
Phitt

Post by Phitt »

@LordYig: Hard to tell. The door uses custom sound files, maybe they're missing? It's simply a secret door with a rotated animation node.
LordYig

Post by LordYig »

Phitt wrote:@LordYig: Hard to tell. The door uses custom sound files, maybe they're missing? It's simply a secret door with a rotated animation node.
Thanks Phitt.
I'll make some test with default and custom sound files.
I'm beginning to think that the length of the sound files is important in some way here.