Dungeon Editor Public Beta

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Komag

Re: Dungeon Editor Public Beta

Post by Komag »

having a script run at map start is usually better than using a plate anyway
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
moe_lawn

Post by moe_lawn »

Grimwold wrote:
moe_lawn wrote:I have just run into the pressure plate bug where spawning on top of a plate causes the dungeon to not load...I was able to remove the problem but now I have to remember to go back and fix the puzzle once the bug is fixed. Now I am wondering if there would be a way to add a reminder to the area like a bright yellow "!" on the dungeon map where I can leave a note for myself for later tweaking.
One workaround for this bug is to have a hidden pressure plate at the start of the level that the party triggers to spawn the necessary item on the offending plate. This has worked well for me... the puzzle works, I don't have to remember to fix it, and I have no trouble loading my dungeon.

This bug is already being addressed, but that workaround seems viable for now...thanks.
tantalan

Post by tantalan »

please guys how can i download the editor? I installed the game using steam but i cant find any editor there. I tried to find it on steam but couldnt as well, where is it? Thanks
zeltak

Post by zeltak »

I'll post my findings also here. It seems that monster patrols/swarms can't be spawned. At first I thought this was some kind of scripting error on my part, but then I tested it on a new clean dungeon with just a pressure plate activating a spawner and it doesn't work either. So is this a bug or a feature?
Grimwold

Post by Grimwold »

tantalan wrote:please guys how can i download the editor? I installed the game using steam but i cant find any editor there. I tried to find it on steam but couldnt as well, where is it? Thanks
In your steam library right-click Legend of Grimrock and choose properties. on the betas tab you have to select public beta from the drop-down.
Last edited by Grimwold on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
petri

Post by petri »

zeltak wrote:I'll post my findings also here. It seems that monster patrols/swarms can't be spawned. At first I thought this was some kind of scripting error on my part, but then I tested it on a new clean dungeon with just a pressure plate activating a spawner and it doesn't work either. So is this a bug or a feature?
It's a bug. Thank you for the report!
Komag

Post by Komag »

...and he wants it to be two bugs together! (bad one, I know)
tantalan

Post by tantalan »

Guys how can i download a dungeon from steam workshop. What i do is: click community, click workshop than click legend of grimrock than i have several dungeons there a click on one picture lets say the first and there is no download button or anything. I tried everything right click left click and no download option. Thanks for help
Komag

Post by Komag »

it's "subscribe", then play the game and you'll find it on the custom dungeon menu
tantalan

Post by tantalan »

Komag wrote:it's "subscribe", then play the game and you'll find it on the custom dungeon menu

EDIT:
I know it already i must subscribe IN THE GAME not just on steam. Inthe game i choose to go to workshop and than it shows there....

Well what i know is that when you want to play custom dungeon you must have dat file in ...documents\almost human\grimrock\dungeons than its ok. I clicked subscribe once or twice and it showed up in that directory and i could play. But now i clicked subscribe on other dungeon and its not in that directory it didnt download and i cant play. Dont know what to do.