Need your help for a hard party

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Ante

Re: Need your help for a hard party

Post by Ante »

Do consider of swapping other barb to minotaur, there's loads of free str in form of skulls. He'll prolly tank enough with loads of hp anyway, so low res shouldn't be too big of a problem.
naturgewald

Post by naturgewald »

I dont know.

Lets say I find 8 skulls. Mino barb would gain +4str because I put 4 points in dex(so he has the same amout of acc as a lizard) in charakter creation to negate some -acc.
A lizard cannot pick up skulls but he has flat +50 res so it comes down to 4str vs 50res.

What has more value 50 res or 4 str?
steelsoldier

Post by steelsoldier »

50 RES is going to be better in the long run bro
redsocialknight

Post by redsocialknight »

naturgewald wrote:I dont know. Lets say I find 8 skulls.
As I understand it, there are seven in the game.
Vardis

Post by Vardis »

That would make getting the achievement that requires 8 pretty tough. ;)

And I don't think it's 4 str vs 50 res. If you give your minotaur +4 dex, he'll have two less dex than the lizard. Give them the same vitality (15), and the minotaur has 2 less dex, 1 less willpower, and 13-14 more strength (with skulls) vs 50 res.

I don't see the res as being that big a deal. Your party is usually taking res damage as a whole, isn't it? Your barbarian would seem to need res the least, given the much larger HP pool.
naturgewald

Post by naturgewald »

Vardis wrote:Your party is usually taking res damage as a whole, isn't it? Your barbarian would seem to need res the least, given the much larger HP pool.
Can someone confirm this?
If it's true I will make definitely the second barb as a mino.

Yeah you right I dont know what I was thinking with the 4 str.

Mino/Liz
Str: 21/16 (+13str with skulls diffrend)
Dex: 10/12
Vit: 15/15
Will: 7/8

So it's 13 str (with all skulls) vs 50 res.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

redsocialknight wrote:
naturgewald wrote:I dont know. Lets say I find 8 skulls.
As I understand it, there are seven in the game.
There are 9.
steelsoldier

Post by steelsoldier »

Like I always advise having a Minotaur Barbarian if you want to have something that will hit hard and be able to tank mostly everything in the front, but having a lizardman barbarian in the front in combination to that, gives you a character that has higher accuracy, has better resists and will be more suited versus magic enemies, he wont hit as hard but in terms of tankyness he will do far better versus magic types.
Undesirable

Post by Undesirable »

I've gone for 3 Lizardmen barbs with heavy weapons, and 1 wizard. All take the resistance and regen traits. Level up acc, hw, throwing and crit on the barbs. Whatever spells you want on the wizard. Barb at the back can still smash stuff from the back row at early levels, 'cos you get acc first. All benefit from 60 res+ and regen. I ignore pots because they're consumable.