Best party + Poll

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!

Did you use a random party for your first playthrough?

Yes
6%
No
94%

Total votes: 32

Saice

Re: Best party + Poll

Post by Saice »

tseliger wrote:Playing with a full party of Ratlings: Knight, Barbarian, Rogue, Wizard

EEEEEEK, MUTATING RAVENOUS RODENTS GALORE!!! :mrgreen:
I'm doing this only swap the rouge for an alchemist.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
My end game stats LoG 1st play through
Jirodyne

Post by Jirodyne »

My party right now is:

Minotaur Barbarian: Head Hunter, Weapon Specialitest. One handing two-handed heavy weapon and a shield, Leather Armor for now but working on Heavy
Insectoid Knight: Natural Armor, Insectoid Armor. Uses Light Weapon and Shield with Heavy Armor. He also has the Party Leader bonus.
Ratling Rogue: Mutation (Big surprise there >.>), Evasion. Master in Firearms, Leather Armor, some points in Dodge and Acc, and just starting to put points into Missle Weapons to use better bows when Ammo is running low. He uses a Repeater Rifle, with a Cannon for bosses, and a crossbow for backup
Human Wizard: Fast Learner, Skilled. 5 points in Air, 2 in Fire, 1 in Water, 1 in Earth, 5 in Concentration, and 3 in Alchemy. Carries a Staff and Shield in one handset, and Morter & Paste and Energy potions in the other set.

This is what I made since I didn't know what I would find for items or need spell wise. When I go a second time tho, it will be a lot different lol
noClue

Post by noClue »

I'm running this mainly out of curiosity, it's pretty basic for the sake of being safe while I mess around. I'm also not going to max out any skills, I'm focusing on gaining efficient traits instead.

Dodge Tank:
Lizardman Knight - Endurance | Uncanny Speed - Dodge & Light Weapons
Going to expand into Armor for Light Armor proficiency, then into Critical for back attacks. I might need to max out dodge though to make up for bad starting traits.

Heavy Tank:
Insectoid Battle Mage - Endurance | Chitin Armor - Armor & Air Magic
AM to start for some extra damage output. Get into concentration for armor magic then into water for snares to make backstabs easier.

Range DPS:
Ratling Rogue - Endurance | Mutation - Missile & Alchemy
Straight forward. After Alchemy I'll probably go into Critical a bit.

Wtf is this:
Human Farmer - Fast Learner | Skilled - Heavy Weapon & Accuracy
I decided the best way to do this was try to work him into an off tank role. So I have 2 into accuracy and then leveling HW & Armor. When either one of my tanks get low I toss him in to soak up some damage.

The goal of this team should be moderately obvious? Try to maximize the farmer's potential. It's a terrible class I'm finding out. Food exp is pretty low, and he basically starts 2 levels under everyone else. Which is why I took Skilled to try to off set that problem. I also took human/fast learner to see if good exp increases off of that. It's weird, it's shaky, and far from the best party. I like making it work though.