Secret room in sewers

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
ajramone

Re: Secret room in sewers

Post by ajramone »

Can I get a spoiler on the button sequence, please? I can get three low clicks in a row, and three high clicks in a row. Seems like the 3rd if you're counting left to right controls whether you get a high or a low click sequence.

*nvm figured it out.
The Doppelgamer

Post by The Doppelgamer »

I unfortunately lost the map, I have absolutely no clue where it could be. I looked where you guys said and it is definitely gone, just absolutely no clue what I did with it. I hate having to ask for the answer but could someone give me the exact order of the ladders?
Check out my LoG2 Atlas Compendium (All Secrets, Treasures, Items, Equipment, Zones/Maps, & More!)
Also check out my LoG2 Icon
Chiller

Post by Chiller »

SpoilerShow
Off the top of my head: SE, SW, NE, NW, center.
The Doppelgamer

Post by The Doppelgamer »

Chiller wrote:
SpoilerShow
I love you! That was correct.
Check out my LoG2 Atlas Compendium (All Secrets, Treasures, Items, Equipment, Zones/Maps, & More!)
Also check out my LoG2 Icon
lurker

Post by lurker »

Chiller wrote:
SpoilerShow
Hate to say it, but this is not working for me. Found the note and had the right sequence from the start but nothing is happening. I've tried just climbing the ladders without stepping on the platforms, just going on the first square by the ladder, visiting every square on each of the platforms. Nothing. Is there some trick that I'm missing here?
Ichthyic

Post by Ichthyic »

if you're like me, you mistook the order as being in a general circle. it isn't. look again. after se comes nw; you have to go all the way across.

oh, and also, it resets if you get out of the water on to the edges, instead of heading straight for the next piece you need to climb up on.

It works, I did it yesterday.
lurker

Post by lurker »

This is really starting to tick me off. Here is the order I'm visiting the the platforms and the paths I am taking. What am I doing wrong?
SpoilerShow
itsmemario

Post by itsmemario »

Ichthyic wrote:oh, and also, it resets if you get out of the water on to the edges, instead of heading straight for the next piece you need to climb up on.
That is very strange because i did so. I dived to first tile then go back to the edge to scout the next tile. And so on. It works for me.

As you see the order is correct.
Depili

Post by Depili »

Didn't have trouble on this, but I did move to each square of each island before going to the next one when I did it.
Rodin

Post by Rodin »

Depili wrote:Didn't have trouble on this, but I did move to each square of each island before going to the next one when I did it.
I have always done this and it's always worked for me. I also watched someone else do the same puzzle with them just stepping on the first tile after climbing the ladder and then jumping into the water, and it did not work. Once he tried stepping on every tile, it worked. So that seems to be the key.