Pyramid of Umas

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Lightthrower

Re: Pyramid of Umas

Post by Lightthrower »

Valc wrote:
Lightthrower wrote:Persevere in the pyramid and you will eventually get this bad boy !

http://steamcommunity.com/id/16377027/s ... ollTop=150

However it was very very hard to get. 3 snakes + 2 petrifying women ambush o_O.
Yeah my barbarian is very geared at this point, after that place. (Lots of goodies) One of the more fun dungeons I've gone through. It's funny now that I'm finally outside I don't feel safe anymore. I want to go back underground :?
Nice protection! I also equipped that shield on my barb, gives me 2 uses of Cleave. The pyramid is a real loot pinata. Only did the bog though before here, so the monsters are kinda tough for me.
GrandHerb

Post by GrandHerb »

The problem is, I've explored everywhere except
SpoilerShow
Castle Nex's Rooftop, and working under the assumption that if I dont enter the pyramid NOW, I might not have the opportunity to enter it later. I've tried every snake-like, sun-shaped and rulership/priesthood-related item I own, and none of them open the door. I'm in a rather desperate state and could really use more of a hint.
Valc

Post by Valc »

GrandHerb wrote:The problem is, I've explored everywhere except
SpoilerShow
Castle Nex's Rooftop, and working under the assumption that if I dont enter the pyramid NOW, I might not have the opportunity to enter it later. I've tried every snake-like, sun-shaped and rulership/priesthood-related item I own, and none of them open the door. I'm in a rather desperate state and could really use more of a hint.
SpoilerShow
It's in the Bog
More specifically
SpoilerShow
The Herder's Den
Even more specifically
SpoilerShow
Tied to the spell puzzle
Lightthrower

Post by Lightthrower »

Valc I'm totally stuck at both warping puzzles on the 2nd floor of the pyramid. Any hints to help me out? :-P
atsra

Post by atsra »

SpoilerShow
It has to do with the weapons, read the notes carefully and look at the surrounding rooms.
I looked everywhere, tried using the want and the weapons on tombs... i found a note on one of the tombs in another room. what are you suppose to do with the weapons?
GrandHerb

Post by GrandHerb »

Oh my god. Okay, thanks, Valc. I am a moron.
SpoilerShow
Tried putting it in the shelf next to the door, expecting THAT to unlock in. When that didn't work, I figured I need another item and never once stopped to consider the alternative.
<bangs head against the wall> Stupid. Stupid Grand.
Valc

Post by Valc »

atsra wrote:
SpoilerShow
It has to do with the weapons, read the notes carefully and look at the surrounding rooms.
I looked everywhere, tried using the want and the weapons on tombs... i found a note on one of the tombs in another room. what are you suppose to do with the weapons?
SpoilerShow
Find the room they go to and put them on the sarcophagus laying flat
For the rooms
SpoilerShow
Read the notes for either weapon and note how many people they were buried with
Lightthrower wrote:Valc I'm totally stuck at both warping puzzles on the 2nd floor of the pyramid. Any hints to help me out? :-P
You'll have to refresh my memory, haha. Do you mean the one where
SpoilerShow
the warp particles are moving in a straight line along solid ground and pitfalls, then repeating the same line?
If so,
SpoilerShow
time when you go through the portal and use the item that unlocks the serpent doors
Last edited by Valc on Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atsra

Post by atsra »

SpoilerShow
Find the room they go to and put them on the sarcophagus laying flat
Read the notes for either weapon and note how many people they were buried with
Damn, that's exactly what i did, but since i didn't hear any tomb-door-opening sound I thought i got it wrong...
thanks!!
Lightthrower

Post by Lightthrower »

Thanks Valc! Didn't think of using this item again, works for both puzzles :-D

Edit* Oh god, there's now a 3rd floor to this mad place hahaha.
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

please some spoilers how to revive my serpent staff in the runemasters trial ?
edit: ah resolved, it was quite easy :)
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis