20 Questions :)

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Sol_HSA

Re: 20 Questions :)

Post by Sol_HSA »

There's some keyboard shortcuts, but you don't actually need them for attacks due to the action cooldowns - while you wait for someone to be ready to attack again, you do other things.

It only took me a while to get in the groove and multitask four characters, inventory management and movement.
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
DJK

Post by DJK »

Is it possible to move with the arrow keys ? I read WASD a few times but I hope you can reconfigure the movement buttons!
Jack Dandy

Post by Jack Dandy »

Yeah, I remember it from the tech demo.
The keyboard controls are fully customizable.
petri

Post by petri »

Jack's right. The keys are fully configurable.
DJK

Post by DJK »

Filipsan wrote:
DJK wrote:Some of these might be already answered on the blog or forums but haven't read everything yet, so excueeeeeeze me if I ask something already answered!
You really like EoB, don't you? :D
How did you guess :geek: :D
DJK

Post by DJK »

Tech demo ? there is a tech demo ? As in, I can download a tech demo ? As in, I can playtest a tech demo, tech demo ????, WHERE ?
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

DJK wrote:Tech demo ? there is a tech demo ? As in, I can download a tech demo ? As in, I can playtest a tech demo, tech demo ????, WHERE ?
The tech test was a limited time download, and wasn't interactive. It just showed a non-interactive menu thingy with a monster standing still. It existed to check for compatibility issues with the various graphics hardware out there.
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
DJK

Post by DJK »

Oh okay thanks!

One more question (sorry to bug you guys so much :( ) ... has there been done anything to prevent people abusing the sidestep swing sidestep swing that was easy to abuse in Eye ? As long as you had a 2on2 tile room you could pretty much beat anything with "dancing around".
petri

Post by petri »

DJK wrote:has there been done anything to prevent people abusing the sidestep swing sidestep swing that was easy to abuse in Eye ? As long as you had a 2on2 tile room you could pretty much beat anything with "dancing around".
Some creatures know a couple of tricks that might surprise you but generally speaking this problem is inherent with this genre. I don't think the problem is that apparent in LoG though.
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

I don't see it as a bug but as a feature ;)

Return to “Grimrock 1 Discussion”