Cant find link for game!

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
gandalfrockman

Re: Cant find link for game!

Post by gandalfrockman »

Crashbanito wrote:Either way, we'll all get access to the game at the same exact time and there's nothing anyone can do to change when the game is released.
No its a pretty safe bet the devs could release it at this point, but they are choosing to wait until 8:00 pm which seems a little asinine.
IF they wanted a unified global release then why not 12:00 AM Finnish time?
Crashbanito

Post by Crashbanito »

It's not up to them at this point. The release is scheduled when Steam refreshes their game lists (5 PM UTC). Releasing the game now would breach their contract.
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
gandalfrockman

Post by gandalfrockman »

Crashbanito wrote:It's not up to them at this point. The release is scheduled when Steam refreshes their game lists (5 PM UTC). Releasing the game now would breach their contract.
A- Then they shouldn't have been pitching the 11th as the release date. It's a bit dishonest.

B- They shouldn't have signed that contract. I know steam typically doesn't pull that crap, Ive worked with valve on distribution terms before. They are not usually that specific, and in most cases GoG, Gamersgate, and other sites beat them to the punch with no repercussions for the devs. What seems infinitely more plausible, is that valve has already decided when they are releasing, and AH and GoG are now deliberately withholding the release so that they can have a "simultaneous worldwide release". Not Worth it.
MistressOfEvil

Post by MistressOfEvil »

It is more then a little dishonest cause quite a few time-lines wont have the game until the 12Th of April, And people pre-order games for 1 reason and 1 reason alone, getting day 1 access (meaning April 11). It falls under falls advertising and is a crime in most civilized country's on the planet.

My husband is one of the people getting affected by the false advertising that he would get his game today the 11Th of April, which is a bunch of Hogwash.
If it wasn't that he really badly want a old style dungeon crawler this is the kind of thing that normally makes me call my bank and send them screen-shots and other things so that the company don't get they'r payment in since i haven't gotten my product in time. (And yes banks and pay-pall does this when shown proof that you haven't gotten product as advertised).

Anyway, Grimrock is a game i cant afford doing this with since my husband wants it so badly and there haven't been any decent games of the genre in several years, so they will get away with it... But i hope they get allot of bad PR for this treatment and the lie that was pre-order and get your game the 11th.
nianu

Post by nianu »

MistressOfEvil wrote:It is more then a little dishonest cause quite a few time-lines wont have the game until the 12Th of April, And people pre-order games for 1 reason and 1 reason alone, getting day 1 access (meaning April 11). It falls under falls advertising and is a crime in most civilized country's on the planet.

My husband is one of the people getting affected by the false advertising that he would get his game today the 11Th of April, which is a bunch of Hogwash.
If it wasn't that he really badly want a old style dungeon crawler this is the kind of thing that normally makes me call my bank and send them screen-shots and other things so that the company don't get they'r payment in since i haven't gotten my product in time. (And yes banks and pay-pall does this when shown proof that you haven't gotten product as advertised).

Anyway, Grimrock is a game i cant afford doing this with since my husband wants it so badly and there haven't been any decent games of the genre in several years, so they will get away with it... But i hope they get allot of bad PR for this treatment and the lie that was pre-order and get your game the 11th.
i'm sorry but i don't agree with you. it is unfortunate some people have to wait but i don't think they should get bad PR because of it. they've almost always answered our questions immediately for the last few weeks (and perhaps even before that). even when they were supposedly off for holiday. and they've been very friendly. they worked really hard on this game and they deserve nothing short of praise. i'm sorry this situation has left a sour taste in your mouth. but i do hope your husband will enjoy the game none the less :)
ᶘ╯ᵒᴥᵒᶅ╯︵ ┻━┻
Raistlin

Post by Raistlin »

Calm down guys & girls....

Its only a day at most. Im in Australia and even I knew it would be like this with timezone difference.
Go read a book, go outside, play another game.... it will be released soon.
gandalfrockman

Post by gandalfrockman »

MistressOfEvil wrote:It is more then a little dishonest cause quite a few time-lines wont have the game until the 12Th of April, And people pre-order games for 1 reason and 1 reason alone, getting day 1 access (meaning April 11). It falls under falls advertising and is a crime in most civilized country's on the planet.

I think this is overkill. I agree with your sentiment but not the extreme your taking it too.
This is a game, not a utility bill, and its not even close to the cost of my time it would take to try and get my money back. (If it had required steam and had not advertised that fact anywhere I would want my money back on principle. I don't hate steam or anything but people should know what they are getting into BEFORE payment is required.)

Its dishonest, deliberately misleading, and a little deceptive, but I wouldn't say its criminal.
Under most statutes it wouldnt meet the requirements for false advertising.
Mar-x

Post by Mar-x »

Seriously.. After waiting 18 years for this genre to make a comeback.. A couple of hours won't matter.. The preorder was more about the bonus kit and the knowledge that AH would know how much I appreciated their efforts.

I'm in western Australia .. I won't be playing it until 2am on the 12th ... Hence my big afternoon nap plan and thank god for holidays.
Megadestructo

Post by Megadestructo »

Whoah, major eye-rolls for entitled gamers. Sheesh, lighten up. The devs didn't kick you in the crotch or anything.
Kthanid

Post by Kthanid »

Honestly, MistressOfEvil... You should be ashamed of yourself. I'm not sure where you're at in your life that you feel this overwhelming sense of entitlement, but you might want to take a moment to sit back and consider what you're saying. Do you even have the slightest appreciation for how absolutely ridiculous you seem when you make a statement like this? Grow the hell up. The fact that you even bothered to register with the forum to post such an asinine response is downright mind boggling to me.