Last day anxiety mitigation

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Kthanid

Re: Last day anxiety mitigation

Post by Kthanid »

ozmiz wrote:My personal recommendation under those circumstances is substituting good old fashioned Root Beer iced down teeth-chattering cold
Seconded! Possibly chuck a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Kthanid

Post by Kthanid »

ozmiz wrote:Also to get back to the topic... my anxiety mitigation has been playing

TOME 4

Without looking at my game log, I think my highest level reached before perma-death was a Drawf Bulwark (lvl 24'ish?)
Sorry for straying off topic, but thanks for the TOME link, I totally want to check that out. I love Roguelikes, but haven't found much that competes with Nethack for my attention in that arena for very long (Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup seemed pretty awesome, though).
Fugu

Post by Fugu »

Passing time can be hard.
If I'm lucky (and a couple of others here too) the game will unlock 2400 CET and I get to create characters until I have to go to bed. Until then it's drinking a beer, smoking a pipe and watching re-plays of the football and icehockey matches I missed today.
If I have to wait until tomorrow, I will be a very unpatient person at work. :D

Thankfully we won't have to wait that long anymore. The hours seem longer than usual but we can already see the darkness at the beginning of the dungeon.
[insert quote by popular deceased person you read somewhere]
ozmiz

Post by ozmiz »

Kthanid wrote:
ozmiz wrote:Also to get back to the topic... my anxiety mitigation has been playing

TOME 4

Without looking at my game log, I think my highest level reached before perma-death was a Drawf Bulwark (lvl 24'ish?)
Sorry for straying off topic, but thanks for the TOME link, I totally want to check that out. I love Roguelikes, but haven't found much that competes with Nethack for my attention in that arena for very long (Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup seemed pretty awesome, though).
I love Stone Soup!! If you liked that one you should pick-up and enjoy Tales of Maj'Eyal, "A New Beginning" pretty easily. Has been good anxiety mitigation for me, and a little bit of a source of frustration as well due to the difficulty of surviving! :lol:
LoG Survivor!!
Surviving Party: Mino - Fighter, Liz - Rogue, Insect - Mage, Human - Rogue
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

Ugh, roguelikes with graphics! You disgust me! :lol:
Fnord

Post by Fnord »

Fugu wrote:Passing time can be hard.
If I'm lucky (and a couple of others here too) the game will unlock 2400 CET and I get to create characters until I have to go to bed. Until then it's drinking a beer, smoking a pipe and watching re-plays of the football and icehockey matches I missed today.
If I have to wait until tomorrow, I will be a very unpatient person at work. :D

Thankfully we won't have to wait that long anymore. The hours seem longer than usual but we can already see the darkness at the beginning of the dungeon.
It has a planned global release at 17:00 GMT, according to one of the marketing guys over at GOG. Link to post
ozmiz

Post by ozmiz »

Curunir wrote:Ugh, roguelikes with graphics! You disgust me! :lol:
lol, well actually you can also run it in console-tile mode, just run the correct .exe
LoG Survivor!!
Surviving Party: Mino - Fighter, Liz - Rogue, Insect - Mage, Human - Rogue
Fnord

Post by Fnord »

Curunir wrote:Ugh, roguelikes with graphics! You disgust me! :lol:
Not even Rogue was a pure Rogue like. Some versions had graphics!
Fugu

Post by Fugu »

Fnord wrote: It has a planned global release at 17:00 GMT, according to one of the marketing guys over at GOG. Link to post
What? When the 11th is almost over?
Aw man, why do we have to wait for such a long time? That's a real bummer.
[insert quote by popular deceased person you read somewhere]
Okari

Post by Okari »

I'm definitely feeling the anxiety myself. I have a math test 2 hours before the release time (according to steam) and i'm finding it almost impossible to study.