AutoHotKey Script (v0.1) : spell casting with one key press

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Sol_HSA

Re: AutoHotKey Script (v0.1) : spell casting with one key pr

Post by Sol_HSA »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
Dr.Disaster wrote:If people need a trainer to play a game they should not even bother.
Wrong. IMO people relying on trainers don't play games. They plain cheat and miss all the good stuff about playing a game like challenge/experience/joy/satisfaction/...
Meh, I cheat in games all the time (one of the reasons why I don't play multiplayer games). My second run-through of grimrock was with maxxed out characters from level 2 onwards, and I found some bugs that way even =)

Sometimes cheating makes games better, especially some older ones. Sometimes I cheat because I feel the game is wasting my time (for instance, getting infinite funds in assassins creed games doesn't change the gameplay at all, you just skip on unnecessary sweatwork) or is simply being unfair (some timed missions in GTA). Sometimes I just care about the story.

I can see how adding a cheat to make spellcasting easier in grimrock might make it a better game for some. That's fine.

Oh, and here's a related escapist article: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/article ... gh-College
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Indeed, I will often play through a game once normally then for later play through's I make various changes.

In LoG for example on one play through I fancied a different challenge, while I usually play things on normal, I instead upped it to high and gave myself 20 skill points per character, this allowed me to experiment with different builds, but still challenged me. :)

Basically if someone is having fun out of playing a game, however they choose to do so then it's doing it's job, and it's all good. :)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Sol_HSA wrote:
Dr.Disaster wrote:
Dr.Disaster wrote:If people need a trainer to play a game they should not even bother.
Wrong. IMO people relying on trainers don't play games. They plain cheat and miss all the good stuff about playing a game like challenge/experience/joy/satisfaction/...
Meh, I cheat in games all the time (one of the reasons why I don't play multiplayer games). My second run-through of grimrock was with maxxed out characters from level 2 onwards, and I found some bugs that way even =)
As long as you did fix them too nobody complains ;)
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

Dr.Disaster wrote:As long as you did fix them too nobody complains ;)
I don't actually work for AH, but yes, the bugs got fixed.
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
glyn_ie

Post by glyn_ie »

My approach: Play through 1, do everything with no cheating at all. Play through 2, rip the game apart.