Why won't I buy the game...

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Hissssa

Re: Why won't I buy the game...

Post by Hissssa »

Basically your argument sounds like this:

I never saw the influences that Kill Bill was made from as both a parody and homage, so I think the excess blood spray (and pretty much the entire movie) is stupid.

LoG is a DM remake and it is good for what it is considering we will have a dungeon editor later.

As for the casting you did figure out you can pre cast and close the casting screen to store a spell for the caster?
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

Oh, no, this game is not Eye of the Beholder? :SHOCK-SHIOCK:

I am sorry for your loss, dear sir.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Wow were getting some odd people coming out of the woodwork these days. :shock:

Is everyone and his dog gonna turn up on the forums and tell us why they aren't buying LoG?! :lol:

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Crash

Post by Crash »

It would seem more productive to support the developers by buying and enjoying the game for what it is, and offering suggestions as to how one would like it to be enhanced in expansions or sequels. Complaints about the game will not likely be addressed if the developer cannot afford to keep working on this kind of game. Unlike most other game developers, Almost Human does listen and consider feedback.
Marak

Post by Marak »

Can't we just have Daniel edit all these "I'm not buying this!" threads to read "because I'm an entitled crybaby who is actively repressing indie developers" and then summarily lock them? I mean, seriously...
King Semos

Post by King Semos »

Complaining, its the new relaxing.
Gabucino

Post by Gabucino »

Crash wrote:Unlike most other game developers, Almost Human does listen and consider feedback.
Arguments like this (just replace the developer's name) has been over used and proven false numerous times, unfortunately. But here I am, trying.

Anyway, thanks for the replies (alas, most of them is just white noise). My post was simply conveying a method to earn more well deserved cash by taking one day to code the keyboard support. As far as I can see there is obvious need for it.
Dhauntyr

Post by Dhauntyr »

If you've ever played the Thief stealth missions (Dark Project; Metal Age and... *ahem* Deadly Shadows) you'll see that the controls are very similar with a little tweaking. This is the reason that I was able to become accustomed to the controls within one minute.
Gabucino

Post by Gabucino »

Dhauntyr wrote:If you've ever played the Thief stealth missions (Dark Project; Metal Age and... *ahem* Deadly Shadows)
I may have... http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.p ... ost1964750
Dhauntyr wrote:you'll see that the controls are very similar with a little tweaking. This is the reason that I was able to become accustomed to the controls within one minute.
Hmm... I'm not sure what you mean. For me it was EotB-like.
PSY

Post by PSY »

Gabucino wrote: 1. Mouse requirement. Why does LoG require a mouse? This genre does not mandate it. EotB was best played from the keyboard with two hands
LoG requires a mouse because it's much more comfortable to play with a mouse. Why not mix business with pleasure?
LoG is not EotB.
Most people wouldn't even consider buying LoG if it had no mouse support.
Gabucino wrote:(An example of another game that is unwinnable with the mouse: Populous.
You've got to be kidding me. Populous was an outstanding game. I wouldn't even dream of playing it without mouse support. Besides, the handling was absolute accurate. Don't know which version of Populous you played...
Gabucino wrote: 2. Also, EotB had the 'M' key mapped to manipulating doors, objects, and... yes, hidden switches. And it was still a worthy quest to 'M' all the walls of a dungeon, but not cripplingly so with a mouse. (imagine if Wolfenstein 3D required a mouse to open secret walls.)
1. This is not EotB
2. Awesome. Face each wall and hit 'M'. Couldn't think of a better way to find hidden stuff.... Dude. Seriously???
3. You're not really going to compare a FPS with a Dungeon Crawler?
Gabucino wrote: This is not Minesweeper... Just display a list (and have it navigable by keyboard).
Right. It is not Minesweeper. NEITHER is it EotB. Besides, casting is pretty comfortable.
I'm getting the impression you've developed some serious keyboardphilia. No offense :)
Gabucino wrote: 4. If all the above falls on deaf ears: at least add an "All Attack" on-screen button which was a new feature in EotB3, precisely because players were needlessly annoyed of the badly designed mouse-controlled GUI that LoG has faithfully reproduced...
Dunno. Wouldn't complain about this feature, but I'm not complaining about LoG not supporting it. Personally, I don't need it. It's more of a challenge the way it is. There are not enough fights in LoG to warrant this feature.

Again, no offence ^^
Cheers,
PSY
https://psy-labs.com
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return