Lovecraft?

General discussion that is not related to Grimrock goes here.
Dirge Inferno

Re: Lovecraft?

Post by Dirge Inferno »

Not really.
Caspica

Post by Caspica »

Nice, I myself am partial to the Statement of Randolph Carter. Btw, have you ever read Call of Cthulhu while listening to the song by Metallica? It will blow your mind.

No, I haven't, but that sounds awesome! It's definitely music to my ears.
Ganimoth wrote:On the "lighter" note, anyone played Cthulhu Saves the World? :)
I have and I really liked the old school gamestyle. For 2 euro it's a bargain and I recommend it to all my friends.
jimicapone

Post by jimicapone »

I've read his 'Best of' book twice. I've also played Arkham Horror.
NewYears1978

Post by NewYears1978 »

Sadly, I am not much of a reader...it puts me to sleep for some reason, as does driving. In fact, the only books I have read (and I mean...larger, novel type books, not small nothing books) in my 34 years was, Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

I have heard of though :P
jonoden

Post by jonoden »

jimicapone wrote:I've read his 'Best of' book twice. I've also played Arkham Horror.
Awesome, I've always wanted to try Arkham horror. You should definitely check out Elder Sign if you have an Android phone, iPhone, or iPad. It's really well done.

I've got two of his compilation books on my phone I'd like to get to after I finish the Song of Ice and Fire series. I've read many of the Cthulhu graphic novels those are also worth reading.
Mar-x

Post by Mar-x »

jimicapone wrote:I've read his 'Best of' book twice. I've also played Arkham Horror.

Arkham Horror is so freakin awesome... I have all the expansions. It's a pretty valid Lovecraft experience.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

I'm gonna have to try Arkham Horror now, see what all the buzz is about. :ugeek:
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
-H.P Lovecraft

^Admit it's greatness or get out!:P
beowuuf

Post by beowuuf »

I love Metallica also, but I never thought to do that, thank you kind sir.
Don't forget to think of Cthulhu when listening to 'The Thing That Should Not Be' either :)

Funnily, my Lovecraft knolwedge mostly comes from listening to RP podcasts where the hosts love the Cthulhu games, etc. Especially Role Playing Public Radio (some fantastic actual plays)
antti

Post by antti »

I have wanted to try out Arkham Horror for a quite while now :(. Mansions of Madness seems cool too.
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
Fonzman

Post by Fonzman »

I have read nearly everything from Lovecraft twice. I also play the P&P RPG sometimes, and am currently preparing "beyond the mountains of madness" for my investigators :-)