am I the only one who thought the [spoiler] are immortal?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
dnk

Re: am I the only one who thought the [spoiler] are immortal

Post by dnk »

Bees wrote:Yeah, I thought they were unkillable too. I did my first playthrough without killing any because of it. I also didn't kill any of the ogres in the cavern or the wardens in the prison because the priests left me no room to maneuver. It was a mad, panicked run through dark corridors, filled with dodging, kiting, and trying to catch a few seconds of sleep here and there from the moment I went through that series of ornate doors until the very end. (Though I did take my anger out on them later on by letting the cube smish them up good. ;))
wow cool. i played only once level like that. can't imagine the hell it must have been in the prison. :) you deserve a special acheivment reward for finishing the game like that.
and yes, same tactics here. running panicked and looking around for their glow like a paranoid and taking small rest when i could. totally mad :) for me it was the best part of the whole game. most intense. lot of adrenaline.
Dhauntyr

Post by Dhauntyr »

Please note, this isn't a spoiler because... well... it's not true and it doesn't work. :D

To be honest with you, when I attacked them and I saw that they had "zero" damage being taken off, the first inclination I had was to lure them out of the inner sanctum. I thought that they were "invincible" in the inner sanctum, so I lured them out of it. Well, I was wrong.
Schepel

Post by Schepel »

I didn't think they were immortal. When I see a 0 pop up, I think 'shield'. That's why I got bogged down by the end boss for quite some time.
Crashbanito

Post by Crashbanito »

You can kill those things? :shock:
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
M.M

Post by M.M »

Crashbanito wrote:You can kill those things? :shock:
Unfortunetally yes, just as everyone else. The shield is just distraction, as it wears off after few hits.
A great pity, for it was fun running away from them.
\/4n!ll4 ][c3

Post by \/4n!ll4 ][c3 »

i knew they werent immortal, but i did have a "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...." moment when i first ran into them because i thought i didnt have the proper equipment (read: spells) to deal with them. then i realized that the barrier is meant to absorb a lot of damage because they die faster than the ugguardians once the shield is down.
dnk

Post by dnk »

Curunir wrote:Also, gorgoroths is the plural or something out of Tolkien, they're goromorgs. Not being a spelling nazi, just sayin :D
i just call them gorgoroths, because i find their real name hard to remember, while gorgoroth sounds similar and i remember that word because there is such black metal band :) (they might have it from tolkien...note sure)
Dhauntyr wrote:Please note, this isn't a spoiler because... well... it's not true and it doesn't work. :D
:) You're partially right... but on the other hand, it can be a spoiler to somebody, who would otherwise think that they are immortal.
for me, playing while thinking they're immortal, was the most intense part of the game :)
i think i should change the subject just to "immortals
SpoilerShow
", because this way it's obvious, that if you meet something which seems immortal, it only seems so... :)
Dhauntyr

Post by Dhauntyr »

I never meant to imply that they were not immortal at any particular time. What I meant to say was that, going on a (personal) hunch, maybe the inner sanctum kept them immortal.
Last edited by Dhauntyr on Tue May 08, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Daght

Post by Daght »

jansaresinas wrote:
Bees wrote:(Though I did take my anger out on them later on by letting the cube smish them up good. ;))
you guys should all be ashamed,
SpoilerShow
the goromorgs were your only friends, there to protect you from making a stupid mistake
this game would've been a little different if you could actually talk ;)
I'm whit you and your spoiler!
If we do not end the war, the war will end us.
dnk

Post by dnk »

Dhauntyr wrote:I never meant to imply that they were not immortal at any particular time.
ah, sorry. i misunderstood. i thought that you suggest, that this whole topic is not spoiler, because they are actually mortal...ignore my previous reply...