Skulls

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
BlueLegion

Re: Skulls

Post by BlueLegion »

carpii wrote:
Jukaga wrote:Hey all, I'm just starting to explore Level 4 and noticed I haven't found any skulls for my mino. What exactly am I looking for when it comes to skulls? No enemy has dropped any afaik and I haven't noticed any in stashes.

thanks
what the...

oh no. You mean skulls actually serve a purpose?
Ive found about 3 or 4, but I've been leaving them on pressure plates, throwing them down pits and all kinds of nonsense :cry:
Only if you have a minotaur with the head hunter trait. If you don't, they're junk.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Incidentally was I the only one who saw skeletons in alcoves with perfectly good skulls on them and was rather peeved that you couldnt take their skulls?! :evil: :lol:

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Rodzaju

Post by Rodzaju »

I was really miffed that i couldn't take skulls from each of the skellies I killed.....
PSY

Post by PSY »

BlueLegion wrote:Only if you have a minotaur with the head hunter trait. If you don't, they're junk.
Not if you want to get the Skull Snatcher achievement :)
https://psy-labs.com
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Empyrean

Post by Empyrean »

SpoilerShow
There's a puzzle later in the game that requires one. Hold onto one even if you don't have Headhunter (and kick yourself for not bringing a Minotaur with Headhunter, because it rules).
carpii

Post by carpii »

BlueLegion wrote: Only if you have a minotaur with the head hunter trait. If you don't, they're junk.
Thanks, I checked my minotaur and just my luck, he does have that trait

Looks like Ive a bit of backtracking to do to get the extra Attack Points, otherwise I wont be able to sleep at night :D