Pre-order issues and questions

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
EtrianO

Re: Pre-order issues and questions

Post by EtrianO »

Hi guys

First of all, congratulations on:
- finishing the game
- keeping things on a grid ;)
- allowing other purchase options than Steam (wouldn`t buy otherwise)

I`m about to preorder from your site, just a couple of questions:

-I understand this is totally DRM-free, install-where-and-when I want kinda thingy?
-Is this standalone installer from you only available as a preorder? Will it be available in the same form later on as well?

Thanks!
Jack Dandy

Post by Jack Dandy »

If you buy it directly from the site, you get a steam key now AND a standalone installer in april 11.
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

There's been no indication of any of the purchase options disappearing later on. The price will go up, though.
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
petri

Post by petri »

Yes the standalone is "DRM free" and it will still be available after preorders are done.
EtrianO

Post by EtrianO »

Ok - thanks for replying, grabbing it on Mon - have to put some money on my other CC, just learned my mickey-mouse Laser Card doesn`t work online :/

Once again: really appreciate your attitude in general and especially regarding "piracy". Believe me - I was once a bad boy (well, like everyone at the time in Poland :), but times and circumstances change, and now I`m a punter. You`ll win lot of respect - and customers - this way.
Stamm

Post by Stamm »

Excuse my ignorance but having the standalone version what I need the Steam key for?
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

Stamm wrote:Excuse my ignorance but having the standalone version what I need the Steam key for?
So you can pick whichever flavor you want. The steam version includes achievements, but other than that, there shouldnt be any difference.
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
tantalan

Post by tantalan »

Hi i already payed for the game using paypal. I received steam key. How do i get the standalone app? U will send it to me? Or i download it from your site? If i want to use the steam key - how does it work? I download the game for free using steam and during the installation process I enter the key? Thanks for explanation but i dont have much experience buying games on internet.
Jack Dandy

Post by Jack Dandy »

>How do i get the standalone app?
It will be in the same site as where you got the steam key, on april 11.
>If i want to use the steam key - how does it work?
Activate steam, and then from the toolbar, pick games->Activate a product on steam ->enter the steam key in the window where they ask you to. After that, you'll be done- once april 11th comes, you'll be able to download it in steam without a hassle.

Hope this helps!
TurntableVendor

Post by TurntableVendor »

Hi.
I've preordered LoG directly from Almost Human. If I redeem my Steam key now,
will I still be able to download the standalone version when the game is released, or do I have to decide between the two?