hmm, graph paper or automap...

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
juho

Re: hmm, graph paper or automap...

Post by juho »

smarmar wrote:The pre-order comes with a printable map of what looks like kilometers of outdoor landmass. If the game supposedly takes place in a single dungeon why did the game come with an outdoor (and not a dungeon) map? :?:
Inquiring minds are confused.
Map is just for flavor. Some of the places in the map are referenced in the game, so we thought it'd be fun to include a world map.
Follow me on Twitter: @JuhoMakingStuff
Nachtfischer

Post by Nachtfischer »

Such things really add to the atmosphere! Besides, I'd love to see a whole series of games in this world. :P
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

smarmar wrote:The pre-order comes with a printable map of what looks like kilometers of outdoor landmass. If the game supposedly takes place in a single dungeon why did the game come with an outdoor (and not a dungeon) map? :?:
Inquiring minds are confused.
There is no dungeon map, because no one has successfully survived the dungeon other than one madman who died shortly afterwards, that is why the king has sent us in! (read the fluff in the manual and you will know to!) :)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Point08

Post by Point08 »

I do like the part of the story where the king wants the dungeon explored....and feels the best way is to just shove unequipped prisoners chained together at the ankles over the edge of a deep hole. I suppose as long as the first one in breaks the fall of the other 3, it's ok. :-P
jfunk

Post by jfunk »

Point08 wrote:I do like the part of the story where the king wants the dungeon explored....and feels the best way is to just shove unequipped prisoners chained together at the ankles over the edge of a deep hole. I suppose as long as the first one in breaks the fall of the other 3, it's ok. :-P
Well so far, minus some useless whining from a coward, they're producing results just as good as Lord Perel's. :P

I'm gonna smack that failure upside the head when I find him, by the way.
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

I would love to fully embrace the old-school features of this game and complete the game without using the automap. However, with two little kids and other family responsibilities I am lucky I'll have 3-5 hours a week to play and I don't want to spend my limited free-time hand drawing a map--I did plenty of that when playing Wizardry. So, cheers to those who go hard core and "Don't Worry About It" to those who decide not to.
nianu

Post by nianu »

i'm going to draw my own map :) i love playing games where i have to keep notes and draw maps :D
ᶘ╯ᵒᴥᵒᶅ╯︵ ┻━┻
Anaraavi

Post by Anaraavi »

Okay, ready! ;)Image
The Journey Is Everything
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Oooh, very nice! :D

Are you goig to do rough drafts on normal graph paper then transfer them onto the lovely LoG paper?

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
nianu

Post by nianu »

wow awesome set up! i'm too poor to print it out :( so i'm stuck with mapping on my ipad. it isn't too bad... i hope :P still using the template provided for us :)
ᶘ╯ᵒᴥᵒᶅ╯︵ ┻━┻