Level Seven Iron Gate

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
DaveI

Re: Level Seven Iron Gate

Post by DaveI »

killington wrote:
DaveI wrote:Now this is something my old Macbook is definitely not up to even with lowest graphics settings. Will have to wait for another party whenever I get a newer machine.
Not to sound inflammatory, but since when are Macbooks looked at as gaming rigs?
They aren't. Never claimed the opposite. Nobody said you cannot play with 'em, though, especially not having anything better at hand. :-)
Drax

Post by Drax »

I found it much easier when I realised the hitbox for the bolts is much larger than the graphic
DCJerboa

Post by DCJerboa »

Anyone remember what is behind the door? Coz, you know, I'm not sure I should continue after 45 attempts and over 2 hours at it. I don't think I'd be very happy if there's like.. one fire bomb behind there. I'm all for a challenge but when it requires me to buy a new laptop, it ceases to be fun (yes I'm on lowest graphics with light party, etc.).
buffyoa

Post by buffyoa »

behind the door you find
SpoilerShow
boots of valor (pretty good) and the scroll of fire arrows
pexeq

Post by pexeq »

I have been trying this thing for like half an hour, it was the last ones (that make you move 2 spaces 2 times). Out of curiosity I turned the graphics to minimum and did it right away.
Bishop Cornelius

Post by Bishop Cornelius »

buffyoa, are you sure that's what you find behind the gate? Because I opened the gate, but I didn't find the
SpoilerShow
boots of valor
there at all, can someone else confirm? Or perhaps there's a further trick to getting it within the door?
Drax

Post by Drax »

SpoilerShow
Chitin boots, not valour
Andarian Fuchsfell

Post by Andarian Fuchsfell »

Was there minutes ago. Drax is right about what things you find (see his spoiler).

I needed three runs to make it. In my opinion the trick is, that you can leave the field within the moment of the impact of the bolt. So you stop it but you save a millisecond to step to the next field.

Greetings
Andarian Fuchsfell