Toggle for eathquakes, please ?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
mystrdat

Re: Toggle for eathquakes, please ?

Post by mystrdat »

I strongly believe the earthquakes do not block passages and they're only atmospheric, so you wouldn't be missing on anything if I'm correct.
wickermoon

Post by wickermoon »

Even if. Isn't that immersion? You're in a mountain...a dangerous mountain...with earthquakes...that normally would create landslides and such. Sounds pretty much like immersion to me - as opposed to being an "immersion breaker". Sorry, the immersion argument was just plain stupid. Say it as it is. You just want to find everything in one, perfect play-through. Nothing to say against that.

But to stay on-topic: No, the earthquakes have no effect on the dungeon's surroundings....but now that you've mentioned that, I wish they would! That would actually be an awesome feature. :D
Aj3067

Post by Aj3067 »

Dandy wrote:The earthquakes are fantastic. I have seen a lot of earthquakes in a lot of games but this one in LOG is the most convincing I have seen yet.
Indeed, I started running in the direction I had come from for fear that something was going to fall on my head during my first quake.
Lmaoboat

Post by Lmaoboat »

I thought there was going to be a great significance to the earthquakes because
SpoilerShow
The whole clockwork thing reminded me of Spiral Knights, and I imagined that huge machines were moving and rearranging the dungeon. That might be the case, though the ending doesn't make that too clear.
HeavyMetalMonk

Post by HeavyMetalMonk »

... This topic is actually extremely stupid. How that was the first thing to come to mind I have no idea. Jumping to conclusions, especially ones as far-fetched as this is a terrible habit.
Lmaoboat wrote:I thought there was going to be a great significance to the earthquakes because
SpoilerShow
The whole clockwork thing reminded me of Spiral Knights, and I imagined that huge machines were moving and rearranging the dungeon. That might be the case, though the ending doesn't make that too clear.
And you have absolutely no common sense, spoiler tags or not. Don't post crap like this in a topic made by a new player talking about something at the beignning of the game. Find another topic and talk about it there.
Horrorscope

Post by Horrorscope »

Earthquakes don't block of sections of the map, you can work back around to the other side. However it can bury valuable loot, that is what you are racing to get. Did I get your blood pressure up? If so, I'm just making that up, I don't know. :P

If some of what we are dreaming up was true, not a bad idea really. Those are the types of things you would try to achieve on subsequent play throughs. So if it were what the OP suggested, instead of poo poo'ing it, think about replayability and something to aim for. If not for you, then for others.