lvl 4 feed me puzzle

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
keiek

lvl 4 feed me puzzle

Post by keiek »

SpoilerShow
I went down the secret stairs on lvl 3 and one door leads to green blobs that like to kill me, and another is a door i cant open but a lion with it's mouth open is there as well as writing on the wall that says "feed me" How do I open this?
rosember4269

Re: lvl 4 feed me puzzle

Post by rosember4269 »

SpoilerShow
In case you haven't figured it out yet you must kill all the slimes. In the farthest corner (following right wall) there is a button that opens a section of wall to the green gemstone you need for feed me idol.
keiek

Post by keiek »

SpoilerShow
Thanks! Damn those slimes are tough
ShadowTiger

Post by ShadowTiger »

SpoilerShow
you don't need to kill "all of the slimes" only enough that you can safely get the gem. I think I killed about half or two-thirds
keiek

Post by keiek »

Treasure
SpoilerShow
There is a golden idol on the other side, I killed all but one
Iwar_Iwin

Post by Iwar_Iwin »

The slimes are really tough for my party (3 x lvl 5 and 1 x lvl 6 the mage). Generally I use hit and run when facing a hard opponent but there is not much space to do that here. Any good strat anyone like to share?
Myeka

Post by Myeka »

You can use the door to protect yourself/recover or you can use the stairs when your health is low.

On hard difficulty i had no other choice than use the stairs back and forth as they hit REALLY hard.
vorvek

Post by vorvek »

Iwar_Iwin wrote:The slimes are really tough for my party (3 x lvl 5 and 1 x lvl 6 the mage). Generally I use hit and run when facing a hard opponent but there is not much space to do that here. Any good strat anyone like to share?
SpoilerShow
Potions. You can also lure them towards the entrance and close the door to rest when needed.
Iwar_Iwin

Post by Iwar_Iwin »

Yes, hide behind door should be doable, but kinda boring. I moved on last night - but will return and get my revenge on the slimes.

Anyone know if weapons in grimrock are differently efficient against different kinds of monsters? For instance is a mace better against slimes than for example bow and arrows?
Hissssa

Post by Hissssa »

One good trick for the slimes for hard mode....

if you open the door and go to the left the slimes will leave the left and right corridors. In other words if you stay by the door near the chain they will too. This is bad because they will almost always hit you as you move forward. Wait for them to spread out a bit and attack strafe one back to the main door. Make sure you don't get blocked in by a second slime from the opposite direction.

When you first get to the room use a ranged weapon or magic to "pull" one back to the door. If you can't fight a slime in the distance from the chain door to the stairs you should probably wait until you clear out most of the next level (far weaker enemies overall).

Don't go fight them out in the maze or you will die. Overall the slimes really aren't that tough; the biggest obstacle here is that the room design is exceedingly cheap.