Post your party here!

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Arkhan

Re: Post your party here!

Post by Arkhan »

I was a bit disappointed in my mage at first since i spread the magic points out evenly.

So, I couldn't cast fireburst for awhile.

Once I was able to though, oh man do I like the mage.
http://www.aetherbyte.com <<< For all kinds of goony retro game nonsense, on PCE, MSX, and stuff

HASTUR HASTUR HASTUR!
Mychaelh

Post by Mychaelh »

Playing @ IronMan-mode
(Hard/Old School (+ Disabled Damage Text/ Hidden Item Properties) and no map-drawing by hand).

Party Generation at Start:

Minotaur Fighter (6 pt in Vitality, 4 in Strengh - ...Headhunter, Skilled - 4 pts in Athletics to Max out Vitality as early as possible to get max HP)
Human Fighter (dito - ... Healthy, Skilled ...5 pts in Athletics, 2 in Armour)
Human Thief (6 pts in Dex, 4 in Vitality -... Agile, Skilled - all pts in Assassination to get backstabbing and reach attacks as far as possible)
Human Mage (6 in Willpower (max Energy), 4 in Vitality - ...Aura, Skilled - 2 pts in Fire Magic for start casting, 5 in Staff Defence)
Jack Dandy

Post by Jack Dandy »

Biggie & Smalls- Biggie and Smalls are a pair of good friends who drifted to Thraelm one day. They got into a pretty serious barfight there and smashed a nobleman up pretty fierce, so off to jail they sent them. Their nicknames come from the fact that despite being human, Biggie is bigger then Smalls. He's pretty damned massive, actually.
As a Minotaur, Smalls has a complex about her relatively short height, but she keeps her wits at all times.
Biggie likes to hit stuff with his axe, while Smalls lets her fists (hoofs?) do the talking.

Jack Farsight- A professional human assassin who's an ace with bows. One of his clients set him up and the authorities locked him away. Now, he's trying to earn his freedom back and extract some good ol' vengeance.

Gwyn Cloudmare- She's a witch who excels at air magic and is also a pretty good pyromancer. She's good hearted, but some cruel folk put the blame on her during a local witch hunt in one of the villages of Bacodar Forest. And so, she ended up in prison. Her magical powers kept her safe there, and built her a powerful reputation in a short amount of time.
egoprovince

Post by egoprovince »

I opted for a magic heavy Fighter/Rogue/Mage/Mage combo.

Human Rogue - Master of Evasion, I figure what can't hit her can't hurt her.

Minotaur Fighter - Empowered by the raging angst of severed heads he puts the Aaaaa! behind Axes.

Insect Mage - "Murto" doesn't speak the trade tongue or any other tongue that we can identify but he does what he does well: Throw rocks and conjure deadly clouds of poisonous vapors. We're not certain it's magic, we are certain it's effective.

Human Mage - An arcanist by trade, a dabbler in fiery assault and spellcraft. He does what Murto doesn't. And he holds the keys.

On a revisit or a reroll I might drop the second mage for either a fighter packing a spear, or another rogue.
w00tasaurus

Post by w00tasaurus »

Update after playing today with my new unarmed/throwing/dodging monk, he is quite fun and powerful.
Arkhan

Post by Arkhan »

w00tasaurus wrote:Update after playing today with my new unarmed/throwing/dodging monk, he is quite fun and powerful.

I decided to blast up unarmed on my chick-fighter.

Reminds me of Final Fantasy 1, where you end up being a powerhouse once you get Black Belt leveled up.

:)
http://www.aetherbyte.com <<< For all kinds of goony retro game nonsense, on PCE, MSX, and stuff

HASTUR HASTUR HASTUR!
Pumpelche

Post by Pumpelche »

I chose:

Mino Warrior
Attributes: Strength maxxed, Vitality
Skills: Swords, Armor
Traits: Headhunter, Aggression

Lizard Rogue
Attributes: Dexterity maxxed, Vitality
Skills: Unarmed, Dodge
Traits: Fist Fighter, Aggression

Insectoid Mage
Attributes: Willpower maxxed, Vitality
Skills: Fire, Air
Traits: Skilled, Strong Mind

Insectoid Mage
Attributes: Willpower maxxed, Vitality
Skills: Ice, Air
Traits: Skilled, Strong Mind

Focussed on getting the Mino effective armor and the armor-less and weapon-less Lizard high Evasion. The Mages act from the back, using reach weapons.

Works fine so far. I guess at the end of the day it's important to have as many immunities as possible. It was the poison so far that stroke me the strongest.
xoseph

Post by xoseph »

I'm experimenting with a high dex/ high vitality Insectoid fighter, skilled in armor and maces. Also a knife wielding minotaur rogue.

How does dex affect thrown/missile weapons? Do these kinds of weapons ever miss?
Halk

Post by Halk »

xoseph wrote:I'm experimenting with a high dex/ high vitality Insectoid fighter, skilled in armor and maces. Also a knife wielding minotaur rogue.

How does dex affect thrown/missile weapons? Do these kinds of weapons ever miss?
Why not lizard rather than insect?

Dex doesn't affect thrown weapons.
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

I am currently trying 4 Minos, 2 rogues 2 mages, pretty hilarious, I'll see if I succeed on normal and then I'll try hard.