What do treasures do? 1/8

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
keiek

What do treasures do? 1/8

Post by keiek »

SpoilerShow
On floor 4 next to the room with the crossbow, the one with all the green blobs I found a Treasure "Golden Deity Figure" 1/8 it said. I wasted food and torches obtaining it and I don't know if it was worth it. What do these do? If they are just for show I'm reloading.
:cry:
sea

Re: What do treasures do? 1/8

Post by sea »

There's an achievement for finding all of them. But no, they don't seem to do anything... other than be very shiny and pretty.
Porkdish

Post by Porkdish »

I think they're useless, but I'm now wondering if I was supposed to 'spend' them in an area that 'demands a sacrifice' for a level key. Along with the key I was also 'rewarded' a loincloth, when I offered up a basic stone. I wonder now, If I'd sacrificed a treasure or two.
joshgood704

Post by joshgood704 »

SpoilerShow
The sacrifice thing doesnt depend on what you put in, just keep throwing useless stuff in
Alaric

Post by Alaric »

In order to get the achievement, do I need to carry the treasure with me, or am I ok for so long as I had it in my inventory at some point?
vorvek

Post by vorvek »

SpoilerShow
I didn't find all of them (5/7), but apart from making you able to say "I found all of them", I don't think they are useful for anything. And, as far as I know, they work like the notes, once you find them, the statistics screen counts them in, and you can just leave them wherever you want. That is, if you are not a hoarder when it comes to gold, as I am.
dbbolton

Post by dbbolton »

Porkdish wrote:I think they're useless, but I'm now wondering if I was supposed to 'spend' them in an area that 'demands a sacrifice' for a level key. Along with the key I was also 'rewarded' a loincloth, when I offered up a basic stone. I wonder now, If I'd sacrificed a treasure or two.
SpoilerShow
To get the key, you can sacrifice anything. But if you sacrifice the silk hose, you'll get the nomad mittens and it counts as a secret.
Komag

Post by Komag »

You can sacrifice anything twice, doesn't matter, and you just get it back anyway, both times
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play