How is LoG selling?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
dbgager

Re: How is LoG selling?

Post by dbgager »

Hope it becomes like an avalanche effect as the news gets around that it is a great game also.
Arkhan

Post by Arkhan »

spfiota wrote:I'm really excited. We have LoG, we have Wasteland 2 in the works. Clearly the classic RPG genre never died, it just got overlooked by bloated companies interested only in the lowest common denominator. Plenty of room for smaller projects.
Yep. The good stuff has been few and far between. Big time publishers just push out junk like Skyrim because it's what sells.

This game's release, along with the Wasteland 2 kickstarter, among all the other kickstarters, has encouraged me to get out of my retro-platform safezone, and get ready to branch out to modern platforms. I've had a dungeon crawler style RPG laid out on paper since middle school! Never got it going though. I did use it as a D&D adventure that lasted a good 3 years, so it at least had use there in the meantime... :)
I can't wait to see what Almost Human does next. A new module with a whole new dungeon and new classes and races would be nice!
Yea! Works for me!

I've been really impressed with this game so far. It's got everything that's been missing from western RPGs for years.

Torches burning out, inducing panic (Ultima!)
Switches and buttons everywhere (Eye of the Beholder, etc.)
Creepy maze-atmosphere (Wizardry)

Every time I throw a rock at something down a corridor, I just get reminded of playing Eye of the Beholder for the first time on SNES. Watching it fly down into the darkness, hopefully hitting the imps.

I demand more games like this, and I honestly would have paid 2-3x the retail asking price for this one. I paid 59.99$ for Skyrim and thought it was a trainwreck.
http://www.aetherbyte.com <<< For all kinds of goony retro game nonsense, on PCE, MSX, and stuff

HASTUR HASTUR HASTUR!
Jack Dandy

Post by Jack Dandy »

Maybe we'll get an update on their new financial condition in the next blog update? :)
dbgager

Post by dbgager »

I agree Arkhan. I think the developers under charged for this game. I would gladly pay twice the amount for their next game.
Arkhan

Post by Arkhan »

dbgager wrote:I agree Arkhan. I think the developers under charged for this game. I would gladly pay twice the amount for their next game.

I'd pay 30$ for a frigging add-on to this game, TBH!

New races and classes (maybe a priest type?), a new dungeon/adventure, stuff like that.

As it stands this game is gold. I see it being the new Eye of the Beholder trilogy. I played those 3 games to death growing up. This has the same kind of addictive gameplay that those games had, and the same sort of mystery and sense of adventure.
http://www.aetherbyte.com <<< For all kinds of goony retro game nonsense, on PCE, MSX, and stuff

HASTUR HASTUR HASTUR!
xdeath

Post by xdeath »

I'm glad this game is selling well, I hope developers and publishers see this and get the hint.
Don't get me wrong I love modern RPGs(Skyrim, The Witcher 2, Kingdoms of Amular, etc.), but there still is some merit to the classic formula.

Also, this means more games from Almost Human and, hopefully, more Grimrock.
LiqMat

Post by LiqMat »

Arkhan wrote: Yep. The good stuff has been few and far between. Big time publishers just push out junk like Skyrim because it's what sells.
I would hardly call Skyrim junk, but I agree, I am looking forward to seeing more games like LoG. One thing I did not like about Skyrim is all the dungeons were well lit and really not that terrifying. Yes, I know mods exist, but still not the same.
Millaren

Post by Millaren »

I liked the game, i just beat it a hour ago, it was worth 15-20 hours. i hope it dev make alot of money so they can fund they next game or make a few Expansion pack.
i hope they bring out a map maker. i told alot my friend about this game.
regomar

Post by regomar »

dbgager wrote:I agree Arkhan. I think the developers under charged for this game. I would gladly pay twice the amount for their next game.
If you'd gladly pay twice, feel free to buy a copy for a friend! That's what I did :)
Olano Von Dorth

Post by Olano Von Dorth »

I feel it is priced perfectly. Removes some doubt. I was weary of buying until I saw the pricetag. I have never played an RPG like this, so it was a risk on my end. But I am so glad I did. So price is perfect. :D