Level 10

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Millaren

Level 10

Post by Millaren »

SpoilerShow
I got 2 problems first, i can't figure out how to open the door near the exit down to level 12, it on the same side as the iron door that problem one.
problem number 2 - puzzle with the switch's ,is there a button hidden in the room?, i abit lost i got the scroll saying the pillars are apart of puzzle.
If you can help, that would be great.
Ahotem

Re: Level 10

Post by Ahotem »

SpoilerShow
Do you mean down to 11 or is there some other double-down door I missed? If it's the Iron Door you're talking about, you need to fill the alcove beside it with the red gem from the beginning of the level.
SpoilerShow
As for the lever puzzle, the levers should mimic the pillar to their immediate right if you're looking at them. So if the pillar is further down, switch the lever down. If you've done it correctly, the pitfall in front of the ornate key should be raised.
MANIA

Post by MANIA »

SpoilerShow
be aware that the pit trap will make no sound whatsoever. Try the lever combination and check if the pit has closed!
Bbig

Post by Bbig »

I'm rly stuck with the pillars && levers ~ any hint or tip appreciated.

Thy, Bbig
sevtai

Post by sevtai »

sevtai wrote:I cant remember EXACTLY but

|...|.......|
........|.......|

If those were the pillars, the combination would be
SpoilerShow
Down, Down, Up, Down, Up
OR Vice Versa [like I said cant remember exactly]

Shouldn't be too hard to figure out now
Im told that my guess was correct, and the answer is the vice versa
SpoilerShow
Up,Up,Down,Up,Down
Yummy, more baked maggots ... bah, give them to the mage ...
Bbig

Post by Bbig »

What a fast answer, :D.

i tryed it right away, worked like a charm ~ Thx!
nychilly

Post by nychilly »

Bbig wrote:I'm rly stuck with the pillars && levers ~ any hint or tip appreciated.

Thy, Bbig
SpoilerShow
There are 5 levers. How many pillars are there? The arrangement of the pillars leaves 2 possibilities. For a clearer look try looking at the all the pillars from the side. You may have already gotten it but not realized it. The 5 levers controls a trap door blocking a key not too far south of the levers.