Steam version not working properly.

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
Dec5952

Steam version not working properly.

Post by Dec5952 »

It's not a major problem like not being able to play or constant glitches, but I downloaded the standalone version of LoG first and played that a bit but then I put the steam version on my computer when that came out. In-game I can't access the steam over-lay and when I do things that should get me achievements I get no pop-ups or signal noises and when I checked steam it didn't show that I had them. It's not serious but I would like to be able to play through the game with achievements. I deleted the original files, un-installed and re-installed the steam version but nothing helps. Any help is welcome =D
Kenokam

Re: Steam version not working properly.

Post by Kenokam »

Make sure you have the "Enable Steam Community In-Game" box checked under your LoG properties. Other than that, I can't really think of what the issue might be.
Dec5952

Post by Dec5952 »

I made sure I had that checked before posting, it didn't work =/ thanks for trying to help though
Kenokam

Post by Kenokam »

Have you run through Steam's FAQ for this issue yet? https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -YOFV-0014
CaspianRoach

Post by CaspianRoach »

Close Steam completely, check your task manager to see if there's any instances of GameOverlayUI and Steam still running, close them if they are, try launching it now. Steam overlay works for me. Also try deleting ClientRegistry.blob from Steam's folder, Steam will remake it on launch.
Make sure you don't run any other DirectX/Fullscreen apps in the background, like video players or another game.
Dec5952

Post by Dec5952 »

CaspianRoach wrote:Close Steam completely, check your task manager to see if there's any instances of GameOverlayUI and Steam still running, close them if they are, try launching it now. Steam overlay works for me. Also try deleting ClientRegistry.blob from Steam's folder, Steam will remake it on launch.
Make sure you don't run any other DirectX/Fullscreen apps in the background, like video players or another game.
Omg, thank you so much it worked =D, when the main menu was up I did Shift+Tab and it didn't work and I thought it didn't work, but then the little message popped up saying it was Shift+S 'cos I forgot i changed it =P. Thanks for the help.

I guess this topic can be closed now. =D