Isle of the Deranged - Revision 1.1

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Numberouane

Re: Isle of the Deranged

Post by Numberouane »

Hi Slayer82

Found it. :D
Unkillable Cat

Post by Unkillable Cat »

Thanks for the help, slayer82...though only one of those hints helped me at all. At least now I got as far as Ktalak's domain, where a puzzle involving a lever and a constantly opening trap door has stopped me.

If there is one thing I can say about your mod that annoys me, it's the fact that I have to walk everywhere. In LoG2 it was possible after some exploring to activate a network of teleporters so that players could move more quickly across the island. While your mod has teleporters to distant areas, they're all located in a remote part of the map, and they're only one-way. If want to return to them, I have to walk all the way back.

Another problem I've come across that isn't a bug, but should be looked into, is how chests and elevated terrain work together...or don't. I found a chest in the Southern Nomad's Pass map that's barely visible due to the elevation in that square being so great, and when I opened it I couldn't see what was in the chest - I had to fumble around by clicking to be able to get the items from the chest.
Numberouane

Post by Numberouane »

Hello

ENjoying the sun on the beach BUT : :D
1) Got a message saying that I put something on every pressure plate but no idea where to collect or find what happened
2) Bronze key behind a fence at top of ladder... Help!
3) Numbers puzzle with the 3 statues... No idea
4) Bag behind a tree on roof area ... How?
5) Wooden alcove waiting an item but no clue so far

I will go explore new areas now but any help is more than welcome

The mod is great
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

Numberouane wrote:Hello

ENjoying the sun on the beach BUT : :D
1) Got a message saying that I put something on every pressure plate but no idea where to collect or find what happened
2) Bronze key behind a fence at top of ladder... Help!
3) Numbers puzzle with the 3 statues... No idea
4) Bag behind a tree on roof area ... How?
5) Wooden alcove waiting an item but no clue so far

I will go explore new areas now but any help is more than welcome

The mod is great
the mod is great, yes !
SpoilerShow
the wooden alcove is waiting for a glowing object
and the bag you can grab when you are standing under it
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
Numberouane

Post by Numberouane »

Thanks for the tips about the bag.

Anyone to help me about the other questions?

Thanks
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Numerouane -

1. I need a bit more information on this point if I am to help :)
SpoilerShow
There are three pressure plates around the pool area on the Main Beach. One is hidden near the 'Arachnid Dwelling', the other is underwater (where the two turtles are), and the third is near the pool. They are all close to the large castle and all require an item to trigger.
SpoilerShow
Use a calculator... and a rapier :)
4. Arrgh! You're not supposed to be able to reach that! :lol: I'll change that now.
SpoilerShow
You need to activate a magic bridge later in the game to reach it.
SpoilerShow
It requires a Power Gem. There are four to collect and they need to be used throughout the game. Once you use them, recollect them and use them in other areas.
Numberouane & Marten_1992. Thank you for the compliments - they mean a lot.
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
Numberouane

Post by Numberouane »

Thanks Slayer

1)
SpoilerShow
about point one, I got a music and a message telling me I put something on all pressure plates...
3)
SpoilerShow
I have one rapier, hear one click on first but poison & bolt on 2 & 3... If I do the math i find ... 1? Cant get it
I love the mod. Im so addicted to LOG 1 & 2 that Im not easily impressed. Great great mod.

Thanks
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

1. If you're referring to the pressure plate near the large crab that says "find the result of your pressure plate obsession", then you must search the Main Beach and find your reward.
SpoilerShow
Hint: it activates a teleporter that sends you elsewhere, so look around the main beach for the newly activated teleporter.
If it is the three pressure plates that are near the south-eastern pool, then you can climb the submerged ladder to get the key.

SpoilerShow
The rapier opens the way to the Eastern Zhaoze. Once you place it on the correct statue, simply walk to the Eastern Zhaoze (previously, it was blocked by a forcefield).
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
Unkillable Cat

Post by Unkillable Cat »

In regards to the bag with the power gem, there is another way to reach it. If you climb up so that you're on equal elevation with the bag, then side-step off the cliff so that you're facing the bag, there's a split-second moment before you fall where you can click and grab the bag. I did the same thing with the Earth Essence on the pedestal on the small island surrounded by water, long before I even discovered how to get into the Excavation Site and complete the puzzles there to reach the island "proper".

As for the rapier puzzle - there are two rapiers in the game, and you'll need both of them to solve puzzles. So hang on to one until later.

But now I'm curious. In how many places am I supposed to use a Power Gem to open something? The reason I'm asking is
SpoilerShow
I've already found all four power gems and merged them into the Balance Essence. Right now I'm only missing a Fire Essence and a Water Essence to be able to reach the second Balance Essence and therefore "solve" the big puzzle on the Elemental Plains. If the Power gems are needed to reach either one of the two aforementioned Essences, I'm screwed.
On that note, the three coloured gems.
SpoilerShow
Are they needed to get any Essences? I found the red gem, placed it in a niche in the Excavation Site and something happened (though I never found out what exactly) and I found the blue gem, but I never found a place to put it like the red gem. Then I found the well and I dropped both gems into it, so I may have screwed myself over with the blue gem.
Meanwhile, can anyone give me hints for the following troublespots I'm in?

Nomad's Pass - Southern Gaol:
SpoilerShow
How do I free Raisa? The lock requires a Gold Key, yet the clue suggests "a thief's weapon of choice".
Halls of Ktalak:
SpoilerShow
After solving some pretty neat puzzles, I've reached a square where there's a teleporter behind me that takes me back to the start, a button on the north wall that doesn't seem to do anything, and a pit to the east that keeps opening and closing, with a lever on the east wall. Pulling that lever doesn't seem to do anything.
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

- Arrgh! You're not supposed to be able to reach that! :lol: I'll change that now -

way too late :lol: :lol: :lol:
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...