iPad version LoG1

Talk about anything related to the iOS version of Legend of Grimrock 1.
Frenchie

iPad version LoG1

Post by Frenchie »

It has been known for some time and now it's official: iPad Legend of Grimrock 1 will be out soon. But for which models iPads (9.7" screen) is it made? Will it be playable on the iPad Mini (7.9" screen)? I also would like to know the power consumption. How long can you play with a full battery?

How accurate does casting work? When I unlock my Android with swiping I often make mistakes. In the demo I saw it swiping quite fast and the rune screen was placed over all 4 action hands. When my caster runs out of energy I want to continue attacking with throwing or a spear. If I look at the iPad screen there is a lot of open space next to the portraits. Enough for both left and right hands.

For iPad LoG2 a champion has a maximum of 4 possible action hands. How will they switch through them? With a button at the right edge of the screen "I / II" you could press and hold it to switch to the secondary hand set.

Is this going to be ported to Android tablets? According to Forbes both have an equal share in ownership.

I have a Samsung Note with a terrible battery, but it might play better on an Ouya, which is not sold here yet.

Update: I saw the full demo video at the start page several times to freeze at casting, so I changed the text above.
Last edited by Frenchie on Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:38 am, edited 6 times in total.
Dr.Disaster

Re: iPad version LoG1

Post by Dr.Disaster »

The current(!) hardware minimum of the iOS beta is an iPad 2. Past that i can't say how the game handles since i don't have an iPad.
Frenchie

Post by Frenchie »

I just wonder who does have an iPad 2 to beg for beta test screenshots?

After watching the demo video at the homepage fully I corrected the content of my topic...
Frenchie

Post by Frenchie »

I made a new iPad interface screen:

I find double hands a must if your caster runs out of energy and wants to attack with a spear or thrown items. There's plenty of space in the middle next to the portraits for it. On the right side I added several buttons: the I / II switch for LoG2 and quick save and quick load buttons. You don't want to go to menu first for those options.
Ganimoth

Post by Ganimoth »

I wonder how would that be playable on iphone 6+.
farley2k

Post by farley2k »

Any updates on how it is going?
Dimsml

Post by Dimsml »

I do not want to spoil the fun (especially for the guy who does the porting), but you can buy a Windows tablet and play LoG and LoG 2 on the go already.

Any Bay Trail tablet should work. But yeah, prepare for broken fingers :D .