[MOD] Forbidden Halls

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
AnnElfwind

Re: [MOD] Forbidden Halls

Post by AnnElfwind »

bazzietuk wrote:Thanks, I was putting two nettles & an empty flask as well :) I still have an unused brass key after seeming to do everything on levels 1-3 now. Is it used on a lower level or have I missed something still?
You might have missed a secret.
SpoilerShow
Near one of the teleports in the teleport hall, there's a rune on the wall and if you press it and then use the teleport, it will take you to a secret room.
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

I only have 4 teleports open in this room. Two are behind a closed gate and one is completely enclosed by gates. I've used all 4 that are open to me, I think one takes me to level 1, another to level 2 and the final two to rooms on level 3. The ones that are closed I have no idea where they go or how to open them or if you manage to open them later in the game when you've done lower levels.

I'm still missing a treasure on level 1or 2 though to put on the altar. Any ideas please? :)
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

bazzietuk wrote:I only have 4 teleports open in this room. Two are behind a closed gate and one is completely enclosed by gates. I've used all 4 that are open to me, I think one takes me to level 1, another to level 2 and the final two to rooms on level 3. The ones that are closed I have no idea where they go or how to open them or if you manage to open them later in the game when you've done lower levels.

I'm still missing a treasure on level 1or 2 though to put on the altar. Any ideas please? :)
The teleport I'm talking about should already be opened at this point. Look for a rune button near the inscription as to where it leads.
It's one of the teleports that when you enter the portal hall, you turn left immediately and one of those.

As to the treasure to be put on the altar. Do you have a locked door on one of the first two levels? One that needs an iron key? If you do, than that's the one you need to get through.

If you don't have an iron key on you, you will just have to play on and then go back through one of the teleports on one of the lower levels, when you do get the key.

Hopefully, I was able to help you at least a little bit.
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

Thanks, I found the teleport and switch. All the doors are open on levels 1-3. I do remember reading a note or wall text saying about the control room and making it dark then coming back or something along those lines. Might be there where I need to go to do that and reveal the last treasure. Problem is I don't know what level the control rooms on or where it's located on the level.
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

bazzietuk wrote:Thanks, I found the teleport and switch. All the doors are open on levels 1-3. I do remember reading a note or wall text saying about the control room and making it dark then coming back or something along those lines. Might be there where I need to go to do that and reveal the last treasure. Problem is I don't know what level the control rooms on or where it's located on the level.
Control room is on level 1 near the starting point. But the area you need to make dark, is a different one, on level 1 too, though. And if you make this space dark - removing torches - a secret are will open in the control room.
Hm... If all the doors are open, then I dont know... But the thing to be sacrificed on the altar is the cup treasure.

Seriously, I will have to play this again in order to be able to help better. Might as well, at least it will level up my epic party. :)
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

That's one of the reasons I'm playing it, to level up my party completely. I was playing Grimrock Master Quest to do that as well but I'm at the point I need about 4 million experience points to go up 1 more level with each character :) I'll have a search around on level one to see what I've missed. Although I wish there were more accurate level maps available, hints or the source code somewhere.
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

bazzietuk wrote:That's one of the reasons I'm playing it, to level up my party completely. I was playing Grimrock Master Quest to do that as well but I'm at the point I need about 4 million experience points to go up 1 more level with each character :) I'll have a search around on level one to see what I've missed. Although I wish there were more accurate level maps available, hints or the source code somewhere.
Yeah, well, the problem with this mod is that the creator is not available to answer questions, so we have to make due with whatever we figure out ourselves...
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

Think i'm completely stuck now with no way forward. I've found a scroll saying no clue for this one a true mage can handle himself. I've been reading through the posts and it seems scrolls are needed somewhere with spells on them (I have a couple with a single charge) but it doesn't seem like I have all of them which are needed. I've picked up all of them at some point but I think I used one during an attack not knowing it would be needed. Any ideas where I have to use them and if I can substitute a regular spell for one of the scrolls? I can't seem to go anywhere else in the game as I've been everywhere and unlocked everything to this point.
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

bazzietuk wrote:Think i'm completely stuck now with no way forward. I've found a scroll saying no clue for this one a true mage can handle himself. I've been reading through the posts and it seems scrolls are needed somewhere with spells on them (I have a couple with a single charge) but it doesn't seem like I have all of them which are needed. I've picked up all of them at some point but I think I used one during an attack not knowing it would be needed. Any ideas where I have to use them and if I can substitute a regular spell for one of the scrolls? I can't seem to go anywhere else in the game as I've been everywhere and unlocked everything to this point.
the scrolls are only needed for a srcret. if you are willing o forgo he secret, you can move forward just fine. all you have to do is clearing the four elemental rooms one by one.
hope this helps you.
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

Might be able to progress then, only problem is where are the elemental rooms :) LOL I haven't read any wall texts saying about them.