[MOD] Forbidden Halls

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Zenobi

Re: [MOD] Forbidden Halls

Post by Zenobi »

LVL 9
SpoilerShow
43/44 secrets
one missing on level 9

I found inscription on a wall

-
*-*----
---***-
-*-----

It's a clue for last missed secret?
Just simple answer: yes or not. :)

For now I have no idea what to do with this clue (if it's clue). I try find solution myself. If I stuck for too long I ask for answer. :)
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

Zenobi wrote:LVL 9
SpoilerShow
43/44 secrets
one missing on level 9

I found inscription on a wall

-
*-*----
---***-
-*-----

It's a clue for last missed secret?
Just simple answer: yes or not. :)

For now I have no idea what to do with this clue (if it's clue). I try find solution myself. If I stuck for too long I ask for answer. :)
You're not the first one stuck on this inscription. Well, if you ever figure it out, let me know. I'm dying for knowing what it means...
I first thought it was a room with hidden preasurre plates, but so far, no luck with that.
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Sure wish the creator would come back and answer that wall plate.
That really will be a horrible red herring if it is just that.
Tarerin

Post by Tarerin »

Hello!
Yesterday, I downloaded this mod in hopes for a few hours of fun to play and my mum to watch, and I have to say, it have proved to be most challenging experience. I have been successful in the puzzles so far, only missed one secret wall I cannot return to. sadly, and one puzzle, the one with burial memoirs of three people was staring me right in my face.
But.
SpoilerShow
Almost to the end of level 6, Twisted Corridors, when take stairs up, there is one puzzle that I spent a good hour over and the solution still evades me.
On level 5, but probably only accessible from level 6, is a puzzle with a pit field, several pressure plates only triggered by party, and a row of lightning-spitting winged somethings.
I have nowhere else to go, and this one I have no idea how to solve.
I would be very grateful for a solution for this one, since I see no way of getting over it.
Otherwise, this is a very lovely mod, very good puzzles.
Although, if it wasn't for my imported party, I would spent a lot of time dead and would quit it for that reason. :D
Love, Tarerin
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

Tarerin wrote:Hello!
Yesterday, I downloaded this mod in hopes for a few hours of fun to play and my mum to watch, and I have to say, it have proved to be most challenging experience. I have been successful in the puzzles so far, only missed one secret wall I cannot return to. sadly, and one puzzle, the one with burial memoirs of three people was staring me right in my face.
But.
SpoilerShow
Almost to the end of level 6, Twisted Corridors, when take stairs up, there is one puzzle that I spent a good hour over and the solution still evades me.
On level 5, but probably only accessible from level 6, is a puzzle with a pit field, several pressure plates only triggered by party, and a row of lightning-spitting winged somethings.
I have nowhere else to go, and this one I have no idea how to solve.
I would be very grateful for a solution for this one, since I see no way of getting over it.
Otherwise, this is a very lovely mod, very good puzzles.
Although, if it wasn't for my imported party, I would spent a lot of time dead and would quit it for that reason. :D
Love, Tarerin
Well, if I remember correctly, you have to start with defeating the wywerns. Then, if I remembeer correctly, you have to use items on the pressure plates behind teh open grates for the closed grates to open. Then, you just have to time it right. I suggest to save right after doing the trick with the grates, so that you don't have to always go back up and can just re-load.
The trick is to let the heads spit into the receptors (or sometimes block it), as that triggers the pits. I do think that you have to jump down when you get to the lever, but that's the only time, if you time everything right.

If someone can give a better explanation than me, I invite you to do so. As I admit that I'm really bad at explaining things. Though I do hope I helped at least a little bit. :)
Tarerin

Post by Tarerin »

Oh dear, I must be a complete idiot.
I got to the lever just fine, but it never occurred to me I should jump down or that by doing so, I would get forward.
Thank you, thank you, and thank you again, since this was the first puzzle that really stopped me for more then half an hour.
:)
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

Tarerin wrote:Oh dear, I must be a complete idiot.
I got to the lever just fine, but it never occurred to me I should jump down or that by doing so, I would get forward.
Thank you, thank you, and thank you again, since this was the first puzzle that really stopped me for more then half an hour.
:)
Well, I'm glad I could help. :)
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

How do you get the last treasure on level 1? I have 2 out of the 3 of them and noticed another member in the group posted a map to the level but no notes about what the colours mean he's added to the map. There's a section in the bottom left corner i can't seem to open that links to the cells in the middle left. I've tried adding the ingredients to the alcove in the middle room to try and open it but nothing. I have a clue saying about a poingnient potions ingredients which I put in the alcove along with a pestle & mortar but nothing seems to open this section where I'm assuming the 3rd secret is. I seem to have explored the entire level apart from this section. I'm also assuming that the third treasure needs to be put on the altar on this level as well as the other two. I'd like to complete this section before going down to level 4 (I've completed levels 2 & 3).
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

bazzietuk wrote:How do you get the last treasure on level 1? I have 2 out of the 3 of them and noticed another member in the group posted a map to the level but no notes about what the colours mean he's added to the map. There's a section in the bottom left corner i can't seem to open that links to the cells in the middle left. I've tried adding the ingredients to the alcove in the middle room to try and open it but nothing. I have a clue saying about a poingnient potions ingredients which I put in the alcove along with a pestle & mortar but nothing seems to open this section where I'm assuming the 3rd secret is. I seem to have explored the entire level apart from this section. I'm also assuming that the third treasure needs to be put on the altar on this level as well as the other two. I'd like to complete this section before going down to level 4 (I've completed levels 2 & 3).
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, then there should be two alcoves and you should put a single cave nettle in each of them.
Your explanation as to where you were was a bit puzzling, also, it's been a while since I played it. But I think this should do the trick.
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

Thanks, I was putting two nettles & an empty flask as well :) I still have an unused brass key after seeming to do everything on levels 1-3 now. Is it used on a lower level or have I missed something still?