Two ways of invoking VSYNC (nVidia)

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
eLPuSHeR

Two ways of invoking VSYNC (nVidia)

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Hello.

I have been experimenting invoking VSYNC via nVidia's control Panel (always enabled) as global configuration option. LoG2 is working as expected (even after selecting VSYNC off in game's configuration). Honestly, I don't find any noticeable difference between this method as opposed to choosing double or triple buffered VSYNC inside game's configuration.

Did the same to CS:GO (which also has got a triple buffered option) and it seemed to work just fine as well (I'd say even slightly better than built-in triple buffer option). I know neither nVidia nor AMD haven't got any form of VSYNC triple buffering enabled built-in so, what gives?

The main point of this method for me is to force vsync even for those pesky apps/games that don't have the option or it doesn't work properly. Some OpenGL games come to mind.

PS - As a side note, when I had my Radeon R9 290x I wasn't able to use this method at all. I could choose it from control panel, but it didn't work at all unless a custom profile was created.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)