Boxed Version Of Grimrock

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
arpgaddict

Boxed Version Of Grimrock

Post by arpgaddict »

Is there or will there be a Boxed Version of Grimrock available guys ? And were ,when can i pre-order any copy ? By the way ,LOVED the art where the 4 adventurer were getting dropped off the hot air ballon/contraption onto Grimrock. It truly says alot about the possibilities of whats in store for our characters.A mountain that is inexcesable to most .A true peice of art that i would hang on my wall.
DJK

Re: Boxed Version Of Grimrock

Post by DJK »

Longest answer: This is an indie developer studio, they don't have the money and resources to publish a retail boxed version internationally
Long answer: No there will not be one
Answer: There won't
Short answer: Nope
Shorter answer: No
Shortest answer: N
arpgaddict

Post by arpgaddict »

So,what you trying to say exactly .... That there wont be a Boxed version ? How about the game on a disc but in a sleave ? ;)
DJK

Post by DJK »

re: post #2
Stan

Post by Stan »

DJK wrote:Longest answer: This is an indie developer studio, they don't have the money and resources to publish a retail boxed version internationally
Well, I understand that but still there are many indie studios offering boxed versions or at least CD in jewel case with nice artwork through some outer firm like BMT Micro.

Some indie games do receive retail versions some time after digital release. Think Terraria, Braid, Grotesque etc

And some are released simultaneously with digital version like Frozenbyte games or Eschalon series from Basilisk.
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

There are some 3rd party companies handling retail releases of self-published titles - just look what's going on with Alan wake pc retail release for an example. If almosthuman hasn't been contacted by one of these yet, they're bound to be.

Whether they will go along with such a deal is up to them really. And the deal offered might not be worth it.
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
Mameluk

Post by Mameluk »

The boxed version, if ever, will come some time after the digital release. Hasn't been confirmed yet, though.
rodrell

Post by rodrell »

In my humbled opinion, first we all have to wait, play and finally see if it fulfills the ( developers' and our ) expectations ( I believe it will, but , you never know how life turns out sometimes ).
I truly hope LoG will introduce dungeon crawling to a new audience , too, apart from being supported by classic old timers. It is a genre that has so much to offer yet.
After that, I believe that if ever there is a chance to be a boxed version, you have to make it a collective one. Put in some special stuff and that. ...Just a retail version with a CD-Rom and the manual is useless and unnecessary, compared to an easy and cheap downloadable version.
But finally it all depends on the sales.
Don't forget , if your experiment succeeds ( and I don't mean it sells well, imo it will, but like it sells SUPER well, like half a mil or something ) there will be new roads to roam as a brand.
But it is too soon to debate about this right now. Waaaay too soon.
First of all, we want to PLAY! 8-)
"...on, into the dungeon..."