Old but not dead

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Klytus

Re: Old but not dead

Post by Klytus »

Hi all, thought i too had better come out of the age closet so to speak. I'm 54 this year and started gaming on the Vic20 from there it was a spectrum 48k,Amstrad cpc6128,BBC 'B', Atari ST and Amiga then i started the serious gaming on a 386DX pc and progressed with pc gaming ever since. Favourite games all time, Elite (BBC B) Dungeon Master, Bards Tale series, Eye Of The Beholder series and Falcon. More recently its Bethesda series of games,Morrowind et al up to Skyrim oh and Mincecraft. Currently awaiting Grimrock (hey no rocket science there eh! ;) , Diablo 3 (can't wait) and possibly Grim Dawn but thats aways off yet.
I think my old dad may have us all beat however agewise,he's 82 and still plays Diablo 2, Titan Quest to name but two,he tried Sacred 2 but found the text fonts far too small (wish game designers would bear this in mind we have'nt all got 20/20 vision and is quite intrigued by Grimrock (broke his gaming ahem! cherry so to speak playing Dungeon Hack).
Thanks for reading :D
ozmiz

Post by ozmiz »

Alaric wrote:Wow, I'm usually the oldest (or one of the oldest) people on the forums I frequent, but here I'm just a kid! Woot! I can totally troll and misbehave and nobody will think anything of it because I'm only 30!
Youngster!! (jk)
:lol:
LoG Survivor!!
Surviving Party: Mino - Fighter, Liz - Rogue, Insect - Mage, Human - Rogue
mike30542

Post by mike30542 »

Klytus wrote: I think my old dad may have us all beat however agewise,he's 82 :D
Hehe. Now I feel like a youngster. Hope I'm still around at at 82 & with the faculties to still be able to play games.
seanser

Post by seanser »

Wow ! It´s pretty cool that "older" people still playing such kind of games. I´m just 36 and started with a Commodore Plus/4 after that a Commodore 16, C64, C128, A500,A600, A600(HD).....now PC (but still collecting all those great Computers). My father (62 years old) is also playing computer games (favourites are first-person shooter). Fantastic !

Greets

---------------------------------------
-. Seanser .-
"Berliner Commodore Club"
http://becoclu.square7.ch/
Seanser
Arctor

Post by Arctor »

mike30542 wrote:I'm a 69 year old gamer eagerly looking forward to Grimrock. Any other old ones out there?
I only feel old (44) when I encounter people who have no idea what Dungeon Master was/is... :)