Next update wish list

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Awrel

Re: Next update wish list

Post by Awrel »

Definetely volume controls.
Neil79

Post by Neil79 »

More Graphical/Gameplay Options are needed ASAP

Headbob
Motion Blur

Needs to be turned off for us motion sickness members :oops:, and don't mention eye test as 1) it's nothing to do with that and 2) I have glasses and prescripted since last month
The latest in Kickstarter, Indie & Retro News!!! http://www.indieretronews.com/ : Indie Retro on twitter https://twitter.com/Indie_RetroNEWS
Inalian

Post by Inalian »

- do something about motion sickness
- gamma control
- hotkeys for each hand and everybody in party use left/right hand hotkey
- quick save hotkey
- volume control
- import new portraits
- info then food bar is on red
- exp from solving puzzles and finding secrets

Optional (you can turn on and off in options):
- turn spider into something else (not for me, but i was arachnophobe so i can understand how it feels)
- magic system is to slow, game is about running around enemies and can be difficult to run, attack and cast spells at the same time (numpad hotkeys for runes?)
Anyone remember spellcasting in Stonekeep? You have staff with slots and you can put runes in so it can cast instant spell. Better staffs have more slots for runes. You can change which runes your staff have but it was too slow to do in combat so you need to think ahead or carry more staffs. I know this make big difference to put in patch, but maybe in mod?
- corpse of dead foes, for me now it looks like they just give up and teleport or something (where is my grim enjoyment of seeing enemies under my feet?)
- automap window

And of course:
More races, more classes, more traits, more skills, more everything ;)
Aeth

Post by Aeth »

Got to level 4 last night, and I love this game - the puzzles, the fighting, and the atmosphere. A spider crept up on the side of my party while I was inspecting a wall, and I nearly jumped out of my chair and through the window when it attacked. Something that intense hasn't happened since DM.

+1 quick save
+1 level editor/creator.

To open/close inventory, use the number keys (I kept hitting escape until I realised it was a toggle).
Lucas

Post by Lucas »

- Add a transparency/hide option (and/or toggle) for the portraits and the directional arrows (right now you can only hide 'em while on mouse mode). I feel that, sometimes, they kinda get in the way while I'm enjoying exploration.
- Also, related to the above, the option to scale the whole interface?

- You don't take damage when you walk into walls: that's INEXCUSABLE ;)

- And yes, it would be great to have your own custom portraits, but in general being able to mod the game beside the map editor :)
Zadkiel343

Post by Zadkiel343 »

Forgive me if this was already suggested, as I didn't read the whole thread, but I'd love to have 2 weapon sets per character that I could switch between quickly, just 2 very small boxes next to the character on the main overlay marked [1] and [2] that let me swap between the 2 sets. If for balance reasons you want there to be a delay swapping weapons, then by all means make it trigger a short timer, but it's currently annoying to, for example, switch a hurt fighter in the front row with a rogue from the back row, than switch the rogue from his bow to a dagger and shield and the fighter from his sword to a reach or ranged weapon.

Zadkiel
Jack Dandy

Post by Jack Dandy »

A framerate limiter would be nice.
JPred

Post by JPred »

Well I know there's suggestions about this in the thread already.. because I'm seeing complaints on it *everywhere*.
Spell casting is flow breaking; I agree.
To add to the myriad of suggestions I've seen on all the different boards that have popped up:
Empty hand (either one): casts equipped spell.
To change in middle of battle (i.e. monster you encounter is fire proof & you need ice now): click "spell stone" (or something like that) beside caster's portrait; current interface comes up. Current button for casting "equips" & right clicking empty hand casts (adding one extra click to help keep the speed the same as current casting).
If current system was used to help keep high level spells in check for combat reasons then I'd just suggest an up on cool down on spells then. Ideally, if the engine can handle it, spell hand has longer cool down then staff hand on mages.
The current system lacks any flow at all; it's like it's from a completely different game.
tehwho

Post by tehwho »

A randomly generated dungeon mode. As much as I love the game, half of the fun is over when you manage to solve all the puzzles. And I would like to try all kinds of different builds, but it would be better in a dungeon that I don't know what lies ahead.
Nockar

Post by Nockar »

Random dungeons
Random dungeons
Random dungeons