Grimrock 1

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Slashyn

Grimrock 1

Post by Slashyn »

I hadn't finished LoG before quitting cause of exams for university and I'd really like to. Although there are some nice upgrades in LoG2 and I like the rework on the character system. So yeah I was thinking if it would be possible to enter LoG1 as a custom dungeon of LoG2 and after finishing it (heard the final boss is awesome, please don't spoil though! :) ) import the characters for LoG2 default map to continue with my guys. I guess that the dungeon could be somehow transported from LoG1 default map with a few alterations and monsters could change names to fit the existing ones in LoG2? Not sure. Thoughts?
minmay

Re: Grimrock 1

Post by minmay »

Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

TLDR: No.
Spathi

Post by Spathi »

Different system as well.

You should also play "One Room Round Robin 2" (orrr2) as Toorum at some stage. Brings the best out of LOG1, I found it better than the LOG2 mods so far.
shaver13

Post by shaver13 »

Spathi wrote:Different system as well.

You should also play "One Room Round Robin 2" (orrr2) as Toorum at some stage. Brings the best out of LOG1, I found it better than the LOG2 mods so far.
I am just curious, what is in with "one Room Robin 2", why were able to recommend it for playing?

Last edited by shaver13 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spathi

Post by Spathi »

I can not understand what you typed? There are other good log1 mods as well, and there are some short log2 mods that are nice.

If you mean why do people recommend it? Then it has a lot of secrets, puzzles and good progression through discrete rooms... so you know your on track the whole way through. Many of the rooms have clever modifications from the standard fair without breaking to many precedents.

ORRR2 also does not rely on fights... which are a bit broken in grimrock 1... grimrock 2 has better fighting, but the complexity means many grimrock 2 mods put the wrong creatures, in wrong amounts, in the wrong spots at the wrong times. grimrock 2 mods will probably improve