Don't know where to go next.

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
MrSatterberg

Don't know where to go next.

Post by MrSatterberg »

Let me start off by saying I'm extremely stubborn, but the only thing that I am more than I am stubborn is a lover of this genre of game, so I've decided to bite the bullet and ask for help. I play old school mode, and so I don't have an easy indicator of places I haven't been, but I've spend hours scouring every bit of area I can think of. I currently have a couple unsolved mysteries, but if one of you gurus can just point me in the next direction, that would be great. I have finished 2 elemental orbs and placed them on their pedestals, I've seen the head in the forest across from the weird stone golem (nooo idea on "this is another way out"), don't get "I saw where the meteor fell" but i figure that's a treasure. I don't know if I got the "silent one and his friend" clue, and there's what looks like a plate chest-piece behind a gate at the entrance to the "pillar of tranquility" or whatever dungeon. Finally, I know the snakes can be awakened...but no matter how hard I try I can't wake them up :P help? I also saw the sign AR E. UHU etc, and I get that they stand for things but I don't know what yet. Thanks, sorry for the block but I really am afraid to look around because of spoilers. I really want to play this game, been stuck for hours and haven't touched it in weeks.

Edit: I didn't look at the spoilers for all the things people responded to here, but I thought I'd clarify, I've been through the ruins of desarune, only thing I think I've missed is a high treasure chest (probably just a secret button) but I got the gem of power...I'm sort of just looking for a nudge if I should keep going back down there (thanks for the chest-piece tip though! so helpful to skip the skyway too)
Last edited by MrSatterberg on Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minmay

Re: Don't know where to go next.

Post by minmay »

MrSatterberg wrote:(nooo idea on "this is another way out")
SpoilerShow
It's not really important.
SpoilerShow
It's a clue that there's an exit from a later area into Twigroot Forest. You don't need to worry about it, because the exit is opened up by a pretty obvious secret button in that later area.
MrSatterberg wrote:don't get "I saw where the meteor fell" but i figure that's a treasure.
SpoilerShow
Sort of.
SpoilerShow
It's a clue about a location you'll have to dig later. If you haven't found the left eye yet, don't worry about it.
MrSatterberg wrote:I don't know if I got the "silent one and his friend" clue
SpoilerShow
You do need to get that clue to finish the game, but from the rest of your post it sounds like you haven't made it far enough yet to worry about it anyway.
MrSatterberg wrote:and there's what looks like a plate chest-piece behind a gate at the entrance to the "pillar of tranquility" or whatever dungeon.
SpoilerShow
There's a secret button on the opposite side.
MrSatterberg wrote:Finally, I know the snakes can be awakened...but no matter how hard I try I can't wake them up :P help?
SpoilerShow
The golden snake statues are just decoration. What you have to do is use the Serpent Staff's special attack on the door to the pyramid to open it.
SpoilerShow
The Serpent Staff is in the caves under the bog.
MrSatterberg wrote:I also saw the sign AR E. UHU etc, and I get that they stand for things but I don't know what yet.
SpoilerShow
The clue you need to decode this sign is at the bottom of Desarune.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

MrSatterberg wrote:I have finished 2 elemental orbs and placed them on their pedestals,
2 done 2 more to go
MrSatterberg wrote:I've seen the head in the forest across from the weird stone golem (nooo idea on "this is another way out"),
it might become clear much much later
MrSatterberg wrote:don't get "I saw where the meteor fell" but i figure that's a treasure.
not exactly
MrSatterberg wrote:I don't know if I got the "silent one and his friend" clue,
from what i read here prolly not
MrSatterberg wrote:and there's what looks like a plate chest-piece behind a gate at the entrance to the "pillar of tranquility" or whatever dungeon.

the entrance into the Ruins, aye
MrSatterberg wrote:Finally, I know the snakes can be awakened...but no matter how hard I try I can't wake them up
be happy you can't yet ;) .. or can you? With the bog finished you might ..
MrSatterberg wrote:I also saw the sign AR E. UHU etc, and I get that they stand for things but I don't know what yet.
so you've not been too far into and below the Ruins yet, i see ..

Seems you still got a lot of ways to follow. Pick one and see how things play out.
Avantir

Post by Avantir »

After Ruins of Desarune you need to keep heading that way to reach the next area. From the healing crystal in the ruins, you head across the closed pit and down that hallway, through the successive puzzles and such until you can proceed down a staircase. From here you'll reach an intersection that includes a shortcut back to the river, a path down to the deeper parts of Desarune and a path to the next area.

Bonus guidance instructions: There is are two areas after Desarune, the area beneath Desarune is important.