How to Rock at Grimrock - Party Building Guide and More

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Lohengramm

How to Rock at Grimrock - Party Building Guide and More

Post by Lohengramm »

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =365340930

Hi all, this guide is the culmination of all of my research here on these forums and at websites like Game Banshee, as well as my own personal experience beating the challenges of Grimrock. It is available while playing if you own Grimrock on Steam, all you have to do is enable the Steam Overlay (no alt-tab required) and open it up from there. You can close the overlay without closing the guide, it will pop back up when you turn the overlay on again.

I want to thank the other forum users for all of their contributions; no one person knows everything, but collectively we sure figured out a hell of a lot! Dr. Disaster and sapientCrow were great at filling in gaps in my understanding and this guide couldn't have been written without their insights.

edit: guide updated to include console commands, and many sections were re-written almost entirely.
Last edited by Lohengramm on Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
minmay

Re: How to Rock at Grimrock - Party Building Guide and More

Post by minmay »

Please don't attach my name to your guide; I think most of the advice in it is terrible. Thanks.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Your guide seems a bit exaggerated at times, especialy regarding mages since you did not play one. You might want to play around a bit more with non-mace fighters and mages to fill that gap.
Lohengramm

Post by Lohengramm »

minmay wrote:Please don't attach my name to your guide; I think most of the advice in it is terrible. Thanks.
Well aren't you a ray of sunshine :roll:
Lohengramm

Post by Lohengramm »

Dr.Disaster wrote:Your guide seems a bit exaggerated at times, especialy regarding mages since you did not play one. You might want to play around a bit more with non-mace fighters and mages to fill that gap.
I'm actually going to play through again with my modified default party with the intent of taking that group into Master Quest. There were things I was not happy with in my all Lizard group that made me think it won't carry over very well.
Lohengramm

Post by Lohengramm »

minmay wrote:Please don't attach my name to your guide; I think most of the advice in it is terrible. Thanks.
Now that I'm over the initial sting of this comment, what is the worst offender you recall? I am happy to edit the guide if you would care to correct me where I'm wrong.
Lohengramm

Post by Lohengramm »

Guide has been pretty massively updated since the original posting. I'm a lot more fair to Mages, re-evaluated how much importance I put in Dexterity and defense in general, and gave Minotaurs (even without Head Hunter) a bit more respect.

The guide also features a very comprehensive guide to using the in game console in order to respec your party or spawn items, should you want to.