Dear Devs, great game but need clarification on role of DEX

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
RPGAlien

Re: Dear Devs, great game but need clarification on role of

Post by RPGAlien »

Darklord wrote:Maybe my Rogues evasion is that good that the code has wrapped round and made it dreadfull instead! :lol: (I've seen something similar to this before in a game)

Daniel.
Haha! Yeah, tried something like that in Eye of the Beholder. My Dwarf Fighter exceeded the maximum amount of health possible just 1 level before Xanathar! He got minus health instead. Permanently unconscious... :cry: Had to fix it using hex editor. First time ever, that I've found grinding to prove disastrous! :lol:
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Well this game is a homage to DM and EOB, so you never know! :lol:

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Saxi

Post by Saxi »

Mods are deleting posts that disagree with their stance that rogues should be strength heros.
Saxi

Post by Saxi »

So let me get this straight, rogues can't dual wield (doesn't do anything), and they can't go dex since it doesn't affect dagger/bow damage, and even insanely high evade doesn't really do much more than no evade. Yet rogues are typically the most popular character class.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Saxi wrote:Mods are deleting posts that disagree with their stance that rogues should be strength heros.
I haven't noticed any posts being deleted? :?

Daniel.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Saxi wrote:So let me get this straight, rogues can't dual wield (doesn't do anything), and they can't go dex since it doesn't affect dagger/bow damage, and even insanely high evade doesn't really do much more than no evade. Yet rogues are typically the most popular character class.
Dex makes characters hit more often with melee weapons, Strength makes them do more damage with any weapon. I think the evade bit may be a bug, or maybe I'm just not paying enough attention! ;)

Daniel.
Saxi

Post by Saxi »

Darklord wrote:
Saxi wrote:Mods are deleting posts that disagree with their stance that rogues should be strength heros.
I haven't noticed any posts being deleted? :?

Daniel.
My previous one did basically calling the game Legend of Strengthrock, basically they really botched the rogue class.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

You know I actually don't mind how it works, if you go back to D&D and Dungeon Master then strength absolutely effected missile weapons. You actually had to have a minimum strength to even use a Composite Longbow.

Dex is still very needed for all Melee character or those who want to be good at dodging. :)

Daniel.
Renevent

Post by Renevent »

Darklord wrote:You know I actually don't mind how it works, if you go back to D&D and Dungeon Master then strength absolutely effected missile weapons. You actually had to have a minimum strength to even use a Composite Longbow.

Dex is still very needed for all Melee character or those who want to be good at dodging. :)

Daniel.
Yeah to be honest I actually screwed up my rogue...but really the fault lies with me and I just assumed rather than read carefully what the attributes did clearly.

Can it be confusing? Sure...but there's really nothing wrong with the system per-say. Just have to read a bit more carefully next time :D
Last edited by Renevent on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ishmaril

Post by Ishmaril »

Well, i am going for a full strength minautor for my rogue then. (missile weapon spec.)