Worth it?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Dzeeraajs

Worth it?

Post by Dzeeraajs »

Might this game be as much fun as were the ''Might and Magic 6'' I would like some more opinions since my cash is limited. In other words it costs almost as much as I spend on food in university at my country for a week. So I was wondering if I will really get the most ''bang'' out of my money for this? :)
Last edited by Dzeeraajs on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patchumz

Re: Worth it?

Post by Patchumz »

You will, easily 15-20+ hours of gameplay in a single run through, with user generated content coming once the editor is out, for $15 (Or less?) it's quite the deal.
Renevent

Post by Renevent »

If you ever enjoyed games like Dungeon Master, Eye of the Beholder, Ultima, or other old school games you OWE it yourself to grab Legend of Grimrock.

Even if you are a gamer that's never played classics from that age, you still owe yourself to grab Legend of Grimrock. It's authentic, yet modern and well done so I think even newer gamers would enjoy it.
Dzeeraajs

Post by Dzeeraajs »

Well I loved this game alot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52YzsF1cpcE that was an epic adventure :)
Goffmog

Post by Goffmog »

Dzeeraajs wrote:Well I loved this game alot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52YzsF1cpcE that was an epic adventure :)
This is a very different style of gameplay from any of the M&M series, mostly because it's realtime but also because the emphasis is on the puzzles and the dungeon rather that on questing and gathering loot and fighting hoards of enemies. Definitely check out some of the gameplay trailers and video reviews on youtube. Movement around levels is superficially like the earlier M&M games but gameplay is very different as Grimrock is realtime. Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder are really the best games to try out if you want an idea of the gameplay.
GeneralGonzo

Post by GeneralGonzo »

It´s absolutely worth it if you are looking for a dungeon crawler game like "dungeon Master" was.

If you are more likely looking for a game which is kinda the "Might and Magic" or "Ultima" series then this one´s not for you:
no quests, no interaction with NPCs, no shops, ....

So, it´s up to you!

I recommend this game if you like slashing, looting and puzzling :D