Gentle hint requested on what to do next

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
coreystinson

Gentle hint requested on what to do next

Post by coreystinson »

I'm currently tinkering around in the Sleet Island area, which I have cleared of monsters (except the underwater stuff).

I have been into the Cemetery level to the east, although I cannot get inside. I assume to solve the puzzle outside of the entrance I will need a hint from the Archives, which I haven't been to and don't know where it is even at.

I have also been into the Ruins of Desarune, and have gotten as far as...
SpoilerShow
The puzzle that requires you to teleport a spider on level 2 back up to level 1, then drop him onto the center pressure plate back on level 2 which, in combination with the objects dropped upon the plates inside the cage, will cause that cage area to open up revealing a treasure. Herein I also found a scroll behind a secret door reading "Follow the light" which I take as a hint for solving the puzzle in this area, which I *think* I already solved. BUT, I'm wondering if this puzzle has two functions because I cannot figure out how to get that damn door open. The door I'm talking about is the one that Island Master(?) was standing behind then it slammed shut as I entered that room.
So, at this point I'm stuck on progressing further in the Ruins of Desarune. Am I meant to go do something else first, or am I missing something in this area? I feel that is probably the case.

I also have not been inside the Pyramid yet. I assume
SpoilerShow
that I am to awaken the serpents somehow, given a hint I read elsewhere, but I don't know how to do that yet so I figure I am probably not meant to right now.
Can someone give me a very gentle hint about where I might go next... or if I just need to do something else with that above-mentioned Desarune puzzle?

I should also add that I've cleared the bog, as best I can tell w/o reading spoilers. The Herder's Den map seems pretty small, so if I overlooked something in there a hint is appreciated.
Dr.Disaster

Re: Gentle hint requested on what to do next

Post by Dr.Disaster »

About the puzzle in the Ruins:
The scroll you found is the hint how to open the door. You already figured the spider's part so continue from there.
SpoilerShow
FYI: the door reacts a bit "slow" so it might be worth to wait a few seconds before reseting the puzzle for another try.
About the Pyramid:
It requires a special key from an area you might have not been to yet.
SpoilerShow
The key is depicted on the Island Map.
Herder's Den: there is some important stuff inside to progress further. Sure you got it all?
coreystinson

Post by coreystinson »

Dr.Disaster wrote:You already figured the spider's part so continue from there.
I figured as much. Thanks for the nudge! ;) Ugg... back to the depths. This one is obtuse for some reason.
coreystinson

Post by coreystinson »

Herder's Den: there is some important stuff inside to progress further. Sure you got it all?
What I found here:
SpoilerShow
1. Runemaster's Trail which I haven't solved yet, not for lack of knowing how, but because I haven't found all of the needed spell scrolls. Probably behind this is the pyramid "key".
2. A sort-of-secret button that opened a door with some (IIRC) non-essential items.
3. The Herder's Den boss fight, which upon completion I found a variety of things around the Den, including a sack by the Kilhagen memorial. Don't remember what was in it at the moment.
Is there more to this map?
Spathi

Post by Spathi »

Does not really matter, but on a replay you probably do this...
SpoilerShow
If you want a crystal amulet go to the end of Desarune and on to the town and duck across to the house of needles, the bail back to sleet b4 the wolves get you. Also, the center of the island has crystal
amulet in the underwater area.
Phillip_Lynx

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

coreystinson wrote:
What I found here:
SpoilerShow
1. Runemaster's Trail which I haven't solved yet, not for lack of knowing how, but because I haven't found all of the needed spell scrolls. Probably behind this is the pyramid "key".
2. A sort-of-secret button that opened a door with some (IIRC) non-essential items.
3. The Herder's Den boss fight, which upon completion I found a variety of things around the Den, including a sack by the Kilhagen memorial. Don't remember what was in it at the moment.
Is there more to this map?
SpoilerShow
No, but you have to solve Number 1 to get to some areas :)